How do you know if your Audi is special edition?

MRS SEP

Hello Sian from Wales,

Not sure about the reason for your question, but having had a 2006 A3 Special Edition in the family since new ( supplied new by Cardiff Audi, who no doubt you will know of) I can assure you there is nothing 'special' about a Special Edition - in fact it is a posh name for a 'Basic'! 

Many manufacturers used the prefix SE for their upgraded models, but the clever marketing guys at Audi had other ideas for its use - depicting  'basic'. 

Piotr is probably right in saying the V5 will state model as say 'A3 Special Edition' (ours does) but I would certainly not guarantee the V5 would state this even if it was or wasn't - to me, it would depend on the dealer who compiles the initial registration information for the DVLA entering this information or not.

How do you know if it is a basic model it it doesn't say so on the V5, since it will not be badged as such? Take the VIN number and contact a dealer who should provide you with a build record. No doubt there are on line checking systems available as well, but accuracy? 

Hope some of this helps,

Kind regards,

Gareth.