Limp Mode after DPF Regen and now flashing glow plug light and EMC

jamie99

Hi all first post here so bare with me but could really use some advice! 

The back story is I was driving to work yesterday and the DPF warning light came on. The manual was at home so I checked when I got home last night and read about how to do a regen. Went back out and did the long straight road around 2k revs for 10mins. The DPF warning cleared but I stopped at the shop and when I restarted I was in limp mode with flashing glow plug light and EMC light. 

I am I right to think that it needs to be connected up to VAG Com to get it out of limp mode anyway? Or could it be something more worrying? Started it and was the same story this morning. Also worried because I was putting the cat through its paces a bit on the way back yesterday afternoon as the car is new to me but has been my dad's since new. 

Cheers in advance. 

Welcome to the forum Jamie, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

i wonder whether the a3 has started the dpf regeneration and not completed it and as such blocked the dpf with soot. 

also has the a3 had the emissions recall carried out? And if so when?