Newbie, looking at an A4 TDI Avant

Hi All,

New to the forum and a previous Jap and BMW guy so go easy on me lol

In the process of buying a family car and have narrowed it down to two cars, 320d touring and the A4 TDI Avant, both 2012 (62 plate cars). Both the same price, the BMW has 76k while the Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI e SE Technik has almost bang on 100k. I didn't think I would but the Audi feels like the better car..... sure some will say you should have tried them earlier lol!

Anyway, the A4 has a few issues which are being sorted but what should I look out for on these cars? I've read about the DMF issues, which doesn't put me off, happy to pull the gearbox off and change if required. But is there anything else that I need to check for. It was only a quick test drive but it drove great from cold, no gearbox or clutch shudder. Interior felt really well screwed together and beyond a slight issue on one of the chassis rails, great condition underneath. So the million dollar question, are they good and what should I look out for?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate any help provided.

Simon