New owner, old Audi

RealRichO

Hello! 

Ive recently been converted to an Audi (by circumstance more than choice but not complaining!) had my A6 avant for about 6 weeks and I LOVE IT!

BUT, minor issues with instrument cluster and poor fuel economy are getting to me a bit. Oil temp, water temp and fuel gauge don’t work and I suspect the LCD display is faulty, well fuel gauge moves but is not accurate at all, light comes on when it’s showing half way and it’s actually near empty (my wallet aches at the moment!) and from a 130pd engine 25mpg is not normal! Is there anything I can look for before taking it to the tuners?

i suspect the previous owner has had it remapped as it’s super quick for a big old bus but might explain the poor fuel if they downloaded a generic map off the net or just got a mate with YouTube and an ODB plug from his laptop to mess with it. 

10D35D8C-E381-4487-8E8F-669528688B19.jpeg

D319C7F4-E7C9-4A07-88CC-F4C22EE2DF67.jpeg

Edited by RealRichO
Forgot some details and pictures

Welcome to the forum Richard, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

i love the a6 c5, yours looks to be a sport model. 25mpg is Abit low for the 1.9tdi as I'm getting 29-32mpg out of my 330k 2.5tdi v6 model. 

the LCD screen failure can be expensive to fix and I'd be taking it to an auto electrician to have the cluster looked at. If you need a new one then it has to be coded to the car regardless if it's new or used. 

cheers

Steve