Clutch problem

Lewis2020

Hi replaced clutch master & slave cylinder +dual mass flywheel and diaphragm,  mechanically bled when started she changes no problems but when driving pedal moves up and down. Then goes to floor any ideas 

12 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

I'm not clear quite what you are describing. Are you saying the pedal moves up and down without you touching it, or do you mean the bite point changes from one pedal press to the next?

the pedal moves, and the bite point changes until it reaches the floor within the space of 2miles.....when stopped and not moving there is no problems the clutch is fine.  the garage says its the flywheel but it has been sent to be tested and they say there is no problems with flywheel 

Hello Lewis, 

I was with Cliff on not being sure how the symptoms were actually panning out. Although things may be a little clearer, I must confess I’m still not convinced I have the symptoms clearly boxed up. 

The symptoms you describe would seem to point to clutch hydraulic issues, where the hydraulic pressure is varying. If this is the case, the two culprits in the equation would obviously be the clutch master cylinder and/or the slave cylinder (not an uncommon problem) or of course the connecting pipework.

To me, it now sounds as if a garage has done this work for you, rather than you doing it yourself. Is this correct?

It now seems the clutch assembly has again been dismantled to remove the dual mass flywheel for it to be sent for assessment - and it has been found to be without fault. Is this correct? 

Do you know (and if not, can you find out) what make of replacement clutch components were used? 

Perhaps you could come back to us Lewis.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I still don't think we have a full and accurate description of the symptoms, or the work that has been done, but from what I gather so far there is a hydraulic fault. Most likely air in the system, less likely damaged piston seals.