new member from York

mpstebbo

Hi everyone , I have reserved an A3 30 TFSI 116 sport ,it is 6 months old and just wondered if I should take the plunge,  it has Full Leather interior and looks the business biut because of the Lockdown , I cant actually touch it or look at it apart from the dealer photos. I've been looking for over a month now and almost signed up for a Q2 but was told id have to wait till September and I just couldn't , might have to anyhow I suppose..

any comments or Help on my choice ..

thanks

Hello Mick, 

I think you are actually in a very strong position if you bide your time. Buying the one you have in mind - possibly sight unseen? Personally, I would be running away from concluding any deal in these troubled times. As I understand it, the desirability/value of used cars has (understandably?) plummeted, and it might be well worth entering the registration number of the car you are interested in into We Buy Any Car, but sit down first. Yes, I know that WBAC prices are near/below trade values, but it will give you a good indicator. 

Of course, I assume you don’t have to buy a car now, but if you do, I would only be doing so in your own locality - assuming dealers are open, and most aren’t. And if you do have to buy, you hold the ace negotiating card.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth.   I see what you are saying but it’s very difficult just sitting and waiting but I may heed your advice.

if I told you it was just 5 months old , less than 600 miles on the clock and I got £550 knocked off the price and they’re taking mine off me as well you might realise how difficult it is for me to resist 

thanks again 

6 minutes ago, mpstebbo said:

Thanks.  I decided not to go for it although it was tempting.   Just need to sit on my hands for a few weeks/ months 

That's fully understandable too in light of the current situation. Keep us posted on how you get on with your search.

Cheers

Steve