Remote Garage Pilot

Pigbon

Hi all

I’m not currently an Audi owner. I want to be one! If only it were that easy...

On at least a dozen occasions in the last 3 years or so, while shopping at our local Waitrose, I have returned to my vehicle to find that inconsiderates have left their cars - on both sides - parked so close to me that it has been impossible to re enter my vehicle, requiring me to wait while they dawdle around the supermarket. Thus it was that my interest was piqued when reading some months ago of a feature in some new cars that could make shopping joyous again: a wonderful advance in driving ease by which a driver, simply by pressing his car’s key fob while approaching his vehicle, can start the car, and slowly edge it out of its parked position! All from outside the vehicle!

Researching this further I found numerous references to such in U.K. magazines online, suggesting that Audi had been offering something called ‘Remote Garage Pilot’ in the A8 for a couple of years - certainly for as long as this has been legal in Britain, I.e. since June 2018

And so it is that this feature has become the No.1 requirement for my new car purchase, which I have been itching to make for the last month! 

But can I find the feature on any car? No. Despite researching every manufacturer’s w3bsite, spending 2 to 3 hours a day for a month!! 

Can you help me??

Do you own a 2018 or newer A8? And if so, can you perform this trick?

Thank you all for your patience 😊 You’re my final hope 👍