Audi A4 Avant TDI wheel spins when pulling away or stalls ?!

Deano76

• 8 months later...

Hello Martin,

From the school of eliminating the simple things first :- what brands of tyres are on the car, are they matched on each side of the same axle, what is the approx. remaining tread on each tyre, and have you checked the tyre pressures? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gereth, I have Pirelli P zero all around and the tyre pressure is check all the time. I changed DMF and clutch kit ( all genuine from Audi) and still have the same problem.

Kind regards 

Martin

• Like 1

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the additional helpful information. 
When the wheel spin or stalling occurs, are you aware of the clutch pedal bite point being suddenly fierce at that point? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

23 hours ago, VAG SKI said:

Hi Steve, it is a manual gearbox. Any ideas?

Martin

Hi Martin I think the best course of action would be to get the car read for codes, my pure guess is it could be turbo related or the clutch pedal switch sending dodgy signals.

Steve.

23 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the additional helpful information. 
When the wheel spin or stalling occurs, are you aware of the clutch pedal bite point being suddenly fierce at that point? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Gareth,

The clutch is nice and smooth, I just did replace 3pcs. Clutch kit with DMF. One thing I haven’t replace is a clutch master cylinder, but I’m not sure if is a point to replace, as operation is good.

Kind regards

Martin 

Many thanks Martin,

I wouldn’t be suspecting the master cylinder if there isn’t any indications of a feel at the pedal that there isn’t anything wrong. 
I too would follow Steve’s advice and see what that yields, before suspecting any differential and/or drive train issues.
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.