A3 S Line Edition 1 35 Tfsi Fault!!!

ieuan

Horrendous noise coming from my new Audi when warmed up. My local Cardiff Audi dealer says that they have checked the car and have not been able to replicate the issue. (It happens every time with me). I have tried to send them video evidence but they are unable to view it and are unable to assist further. Regrettably, I have had to upload it on you tube https://youtu.be/K1K6NEZKMps They advise me to take it to another Audi dealer for a second opinion as it passed all safety checks with them. Disappointed with their reluctance to resolve this. Belts are on the other side so not sure what it is. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, cliffcoggin said:

Frankly Ieaun it doesn't matter what the fault is. The car is clearly defective and should be returned under guarantee for either a refund or a replacement.

thanks and agreed. The issue  I have right now is that they don't accept there is an issue as they haven't seen any evidence! Its a bizarre response. I have since sent them the youtube link and they have gone quiet.

Hang on to all correspondence, videos, letters, emails, and anything else evidential in case legal redress is necessary at some point. With luck it won't come to that, but if a legal battle is needed it is best to be fully armed. Good luck.

Hello Ieuan,

Sorry to hear of your issue with this car, and please excuse the pun, but it’s a pity Cardiff Audi can’t hear about it too!  Is this the dealer which has now been ‘rebranded’ - Mon Motors - at Cardiff Gate? Just to be clear on the history, did you buy it direct from them, and was there any form of finance involved in its purchase/lease? I would advise that if there is any finance/lease involved, that you formally complain there as well, and copy them in with all correspondence. As Cliff says, retain a log of all dates and reactions. 
If this were mine, I would be following their suggestion - simply because this is what they recommend d you to do - and getting this car checked at another main dealer - ideally outside the area that this one operates in. OK, that can be inconvenient, but I would be Googling to find a good reputation Audi main dealer in say the Bristol area and entrust it to them. Of course, they are likely to have access to the history of your complaint, but stress that you are just following the advice of Cardiff Audi.  
Perhaps you would be kind enough to keep us informed of how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and your advice. Cardiff Audi (Mon Motors) have since seen the you tube clip and have contacted me.

I had a sensible response from their service manager and he apologised. They have told me not to drive the vehicle to prevent further damage. Its being recovered tomorrow for audi to do further testing. I have therefore removed the youtube clip.🙂