G251 Sensor Fault

JamesD

On the 8L model the lateral acceleration sensor is located under the steering column to the left of it, its held in a gold bracket, cant miss it, the sensor is put in facing left to right(there is arrows to show its configuration) hence lateral.

the longitudinal is located behind the glovebox, held in the same bracket, again cant miss this one as there isnt much else. this is configured front to back, hence longitudinal.

the two sensors are used so that the abs knows how much brake and where to apply it based on your speed and direction. which would explain esp and abs lights coming on.

You might find the locations are similar on the 8p. hope this helps.

@JamesD.  

Mine is a 2008 8P 2.0 TDI but I have a similar issue, I can't find the lateral acceleration sensor G200.  If you read this https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a3_mk2/brake_system/abs_adr_tcs_edl_esp/removing_and_installing_parts_of_abs/esp_system/removing_and_installing_esp_sensor_unitg419/ it suggests that the G200, G202 and G251 are together in the ESP sensor unit (G419) located under the right hand seat (under carpet).  Given yours is a 2010 model then the manual suggests that the G419 is installed in the ABS unit? 

Can anyone help me to find my ESP sensor G419?