Early 100 C3, how early?

Douglas McGavin

Hi Dell , thanks for the information.  Looking like we have the earliest registered ones on the road  ? I have 2 big boxes of spares that I need to sort out & see what I may need as I haven't got the room to save it all so will try & post a list soon. Thanks , Chris ...

• Like 1

Thanks Chris if you have a radio, odometer that works, I want to buy one as a spare. Other bits n pieces I'd be interested in as well, you have to make sure you have the VIN number when buying spares if it begins with certain letters what looks the same isn't and fitting can cause damage so I've been told. Looking at buying an 03 Golf tomorrow 54k on the clock immaculate so I'm trying to find a price to offer as I don't want to rip the bloke off and I don't want to make a fool of myself either it's a 1.6 alloy wheels etc.

Hi Chris, thanks for letting us know of your new purchase. I had originally replied to this thread as I was looking for an early 100 to photograph for a book project. The first volume has actually just been published, but it would be great to feature yours in the next volume when we start that if you are up for it? Many thanks, John

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris, that’s brilliant, just down the road from me! Are you taking it to any shows this year? I’m going to the Tatton Park one this weekend, but let me know which others and I’ll bring a copy of the book down to show you. Thanks again, John

• Like 1

Hi John , I am at Tatton park carshow today (sat  17th) . Should be there aprox 12 & will stay aprox 3 hours . If you are there  I could meet you  at  say the beginning of the private cars on the right when you go through the show grounds pay entrance  ? Just give me a time ? Not in the Audi today .

Kind regards Chris. 

Hi Chris, 

Sorry - I’ve just seen this and back home now! It was a good show wasn’t it?  

I’m around and about tomorrow if you are free. I can show you a copy of the first volume of the book that we have just had published. Can do another time if not. 

Cheers, John

Hi John  , yes we can meet today  . Is outside McDonald's  42,/44 Wellington road  south  , Stockport  SK1 3SS OK ? .  If you come up the a6 from Manchester,  go straight past Stockport bus station & up the hill aprox a quarter of a mile on the right. Message me a time ?

Thanks , Chris.