Constant loud noise after new rear calipers

Rayzer88

Hi all i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a loud noise after near rear calipers have been fitted?

I wont bore you with the details but basically my A3 went in for MOT 10 days ago and after no end of things popped up I finally got it back today. I had the rear discs and pads changed just before Christmas but they found the brakes binding on the MOT and found callipers had gone 

Driving the car home today and it was noticeably loud once getting up to approx 20mph. Not grinding or squeaking just a loud drone noise (loud enough that I can't hear the gear changes) 

Is this common and likely to die down or is something not quite right?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me 

No it is not normal. No it is not common. No it will not go away of its own accord. Something has been wrongly fitted which means your car may be dangerous. Whether the pad springs are wrong, the discs are loose, the dust shields bent, or the calipers jammed I can not say.

The car needs to be rectified by somebody more competent than whoever worked on the brakes previously. Personally I would not care to drive the car until it has been repaired.

Thanks 🙂 it's going back first thing in the morning.

Thought it may be a wheel bearing..however it went in with no problems to them so whether theyve taken a whack I'm not sure 

Wouldn't surprise me. It originally failed on a drop link which turned into a £1080 job 😅