Air suspension help please. I'm stressed out.

Bonobob

First Post. 

I bought my first ever audi last week - a q7 2007 3.0. 

Today I got the Amber warning light. It won't go out. Suspension seems level and "normal" height in all four corners. But I can't change to off road /comfort/high etc. 

I'm stressed that I have spent, what is for me, a lot of money and purchased a lemon.

Guy who I bought it said that it had been stood for 6 months. 

Private sale. So no returns. 

I've been searching this forum all afternoon but really need some advice. 

What would be worse case scenario to get this fixed? I've read about new pumps, fuses, and valves. 

Many thanks for any help. I will be indebted. 

Hello Mark,

Thanks for joining, and sorry to hear of your plight. Please don’t assume that since it is a private purchase, that there isn’t any redress from the seller. Any redress will depend on the wording of the advert. 
Back to your issue:- although I’m not a fan of laying all faith In diagnostics, it does seem that this might have to be your first port of call. 
Having diagnosed the possible cause, it may be useful to know that if this is indeed an ‘air’ issue rather than sensor/electronic issues, then a good contact for anything air suspension would be Bagpipingandy on eBay
Perhaps you could let us know how things develop from here. 
Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

I'd recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. 

Most common issues are the suspension airbags leaking or the compressor failing. If you can here the compressor running continually it is often a sign of a leak. I also believe the relay for the compressor can also fail.  

• Like 1