Aftermarket reverse camera wiring diagram

• 1 year later...

Thank you, this is very useful. I am new to the forum so please forgive me if this post lacks etiquette, or if I am not posting in the right spot, but I have a couple of questions...

Firstly, does the diagram you posted apply to all Audi models? I have a 2017 model Q5.

Secondly... does "aftermarket" refer to audi genuine camera and wiring, but installed privately, or to any completely aftermarket cameras?

Lastly, do you have any sense of whether the camera can then be natively integrated into the existing display, or if there needs to be any re-coding done on a software level?

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide. 

Edited by Gowardo

Hi there, this is for non Audi ones. If you wanted the Audi one hooked up to the mmi then you'll need to get a company like Audi retrofits or autologics to help. Members have used them for retrofits and been happy with the results 

12 hours ago, Gowardo said:

if there needs to be any recording done on a software level?

Thank you Steve, appreciate the quick response. I'll maybe drop a new thread in the Q5 specific forum, but in your experience are the aftermarket cameras pretty solid solutions taht can be generally relied upon? (i.e. do they engage when R is selected, etc?)

Thanks again

7 hours ago, Gowardo said:

Thank you Steve, appreciate the quick response. I'll maybe drop a new thread in the Q5 specific forum, but in your experience are the aftermarket cameras pretty solid solutions taht can be generally relied upon? (i.e. do they engage when R is selected, etc?)

Thanks again

Truthfully I've never used the aftermarket ones as I'm only used to ones built in as standard. 

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Truthfully I've never used the aftermarket ones as I'm only used to ones built in as standard. 

Thanks, appreciate the context. This is the first car I've bought in a while without one which is quite annoying if I'm honest, so considering aftermarket as Audi are trying to charge me £1,400 to install it, which I'm not spending.

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Have you tried Audi retrofits or autologics? As members have used them for retrofits and been happy with the results 

Thanks Steve, not heard of either, but will do some googling and see what's what, feel free to throw some links my way if it's not too much hassle! As long as a live image shows up when I put the car in reverse, that's all I'm asking really. I love Audis but sometimes the brand really lacks in technology adoption when you put it up against other (even non luxury) brands.

Edit: Found them both now and will nab some quotes, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Gowardo
  • Like 1