Alternator failure related to mild hybrid system?

PocketsAintEmptyCuh

5 hours ago, Mark2 said:

The fact that thevAA ‘ found not charging’ should be enough to pin point the Alternator.

Yeh AA guy said it’s the alternator. Can’t be anything else as battery isn’t charging and you’ve just done a motorway run

5 hours ago, budgie55 said:

Finally managed as of start of this week get my car back. Was the alternator, not sure what they did to discuss with Audi UK (given it wasn't flagging fault codes post me wiping the first lot with VAGCOM (facepalm)) but it was all replaced free of charge. Shout out to Adam at Audi Bolton who actually was proactive eventually in getting it sorted and working around the "computer says no" piece.

Hope you get sorted Alrawis quickly and with as little fuss as possible.

That’s awesome, congrats!

Will be taking it in next week as currently away with work.

They've already told me the workshop is full, parts can be difficult to get, we need to examine it ourselves, can’t say anything until then.

Given up on Audi. Hopefully, once it’s fixed I’m going to sell it straight away.

I did simultaneously contact Audi UK who had this to say about online forums

” I understand that customers may wish to carry out personal research on the problem presented. However, whilst such internet sites are often a useful source of information, they do not provide a complete picture. The content of internet forums is often based on personal opinions, rather than facts established by diagnosis of the vehicle from an approved Audi Centre.“

I found that funny 🤣