Audi Connect MMI - subscription - is it worth it

Hi, I have a C7 2017 RS6 with MMI - I bought the connect service last year and now its expired.

Honestly, I don't see what is not working - put another way, what does the service provide that my independent data SIM (which works fine) does not?

Google maps didn't work anyway and the Audi maps are fairly out of date as well - with no option to update them. Apple carplay is what I use anyway, with Waze.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

J

ps: I live in Greece 

4 hours ago, mathiourose said:

Hi, I have a C7 2017 RS6 with MMI - I bought the connect service last year and now its expired.

Honestly, I don't see what is not working - put another way, what does the service provide that my independent data SIM (which works fine) does not?

Google maps didn't work anyway and the Audi maps are fairly out of date as well - with no option to update them. Apple carplay is what I use anyway, with Waze.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

J

ps: I live in Greece 

Hi the only thing you will be missing is money from your bank account, there is an option to update the maps but there is a fairly hefty charge for that, if you want a really good sat nav buy a Garmin, I did and with free lifetime updates its a no brainer.

Steve.

Thanks - I've not been able to find the map update - so I use the Waze app on my iPhone with apple carplay as mentioned - it's very good. Gives great route guidance as well as any "issues" (eg speed cameras) on the way to destination. Re-Routing too. In my experience its accurate within a few minutes on a trip of 3-4 hours. 

Ill save the subscription - thanks for the advice!

J

8 minutes ago, mathiourose said:

Thanks - I've not been able to find the map update - so I use the Waze app on my iPhone with apple carplay as mentioned - it's very good. Gives great route guidance as well as any "issues" (eg speed cameras) on the way to destination. Re-Routing too. In my experience its accurate within a few minutes on a trip of 3-4 hours. 

Ill save the subscription - thanks for the advice!

J

Hi only Audi can supply the update/new card hence the price, Waze is good until it meets the M25 in rush hour,LOL