Soft High pitched beeping noise

Hi all,
I have very recently purchased an Audi A3 35 TFSI Black Edition MHEV auto (brand new) and have found that it makes a high pitch beep sound from around the A pillar front passenger side. This occurs when I depress the accelerator and the brake. It occurs in all driving modes except for Sport. It happens when the MMI system is on or off.

I took it into Audi and they basically said it was normal. See attached excerpt of report. I have alap attached a recording of the sound. I have emailed Audi customer services. In the meantime does anyone here have any ideas? 

Thank you 

IMG_3193.jpeg

Many thanks Shafee,

Pending a response from Audi Customer Services:- 

I would be booking this in to another dealer if this were mine, since your dealer is giving you every indication that Audi have knowingly ‘built in’ this annoying feature!

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Cheers - I’m thinking that’s what I’ll do. Perhaps not mention that the previous dealership said it was normal 

• Like 1

Well worth a go, although I would suspect your visit to the first dealer will be recorded in the car’s on-line history.