A6 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra Turbo Actuator

So I’m having some problems with my turbo actuator on my 2015 Audi a6 2.0 TDI….read a lot of places these can be adjusted however the one I have and the replacement one part number doesn’t look as though it has any adjustment capability. 

im advised the actuator should read 3.6V with power on (tolerance 3.3v to 3.9v) engine off and 0.76v with engine on at idle.

my readings are currently 3.2v power on, engine off and 0.72v with engine on at idle.

the actuator itself has not nut/bolt to allow adjustment. 

have ran turbo adaptation on VCDS but no change to readings.

basically my cars running like rubbish especially 4th, 5th and 6th gear as if it’s struggling. No EML, not fault codes.

if I were to replace the actuator I take it that it would just be a straight swap over.

image of actuator IMG_1322.thumb.png.8656fd13aba92e716963fbe5c0f3793a.png

IMG_1321.png

IMG_1320.png

4 hours ago, Davidacarrick said:

So I’m having some problems with my turbo actuator on my 2015 Audi a6 2.0 TDI….read a lot of places these can be adjusted however the one I have and the replacement one part number doesn’t look as though it has any adjustment capability. 

im advised the actuator should read 3.6V with power on (tolerance 3.3v to 3.9v) engine off and 0.76v with engine on at idle.

my readings are currently 3.2v power on, engine off and 0.72v with engine on at idle.

the actuator itself has not nut/bolt to allow adjustment. 

have ran turbo adaptation on VCDS but no change to readings.

basically my cars running like rubbish especially 4th, 5th and 6th gear as if it’s struggling. No EML, not fault codes.

if I were to replace the actuator I take it that it would just be a straight swap over.

image of actuator IMG_1322.thumb.png.8656fd13aba92e716963fbe5c0f3793a.png

IMG_1321.png

IMG_1320.png

Hi based on what you have posted it may well be the actuator, BUT I have seen this many times with Variable Vane Turbos, what happens is the vanes become sticky and can't open and close quickly this in turn knackers the actuator as its constantly trying against increased resistance to close the vanes therefore killing the actuator, easy way of checking the vanes is to chuck a spray can of Wynns turbo cleaner down the inlet ducting after the air box, if after treatment it runs better it will definitely be the vanes sticking, depending on the milage you may be better getting a new turbo as if you fit the new actuator you will soon be back to square one.

Steve.

4 minutes ago, Davidacarrick said:

😂😂 just did the wynns turbo cleaner yesterday!

well did it improve the performance.

Take it these actuators aren’t adjustable they are just straight swap? Adapt turbo on vcds and should be good to go?

2 hours ago, Davidacarrick said:

Take it these actuators aren’t adjustable they are just straight swap? Adapt turbo on vcds and should be good to go?

Hi no adjustment, they are a fixed length between the actuator and turbo not like the older type of actuator where you could shorten the rod to tweak up the boost pressure.

2 x bottle of forte turbo clean and a bottle of forte advanced formula diesel cleaner going in tomorrow, an hours idling and then a good run and see how it goes. Try the cheaper option before I start ripping off the actuator and changing it