I’m sorry if I have brought this topic up before but I find this forum really helpful.

my issue is I have an Audi a5 sportback 2017, and I also have the Audi app. The app shows my ad blu level is sitting at 1500 miles. It doesn’t matter how much ad blu I put in my ad blu tank, this figure of 1500 miles doesn’t change. Can anyone  please tell me if this is correct. I thought my maximum level was 9000 miles for my ad blu but I may be wrong. I thought if I put more ad blu in the tank, the dull level would go up on my app. 

thanks in advance. 
David 

For me the app shows "AdBlue range       > 1,500 mi". On a previous Skoda Superb, more information about AdBlue range was available all the time in the car's trip computer display. Now, all I get is "it's fine" or "put some in" and nothing in between. I also seem to add AdBlue less often (much bigger AdBlue tank, more modern engine?). So is it possible that this is just how the App works, i.e. it doesn't change other than indicating you've loads of range or "you need to add some". I guess 1,500mi left is plenty of time to find some....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,I also have add blue issues with my Audi A4 estate, the warning light is on ( the add blue icon), the tank holds 7:2 litres and I’ve topped up with roughly 1/2 litre to full but the warning light is still on, is there a reset button somewhere or is it a a garage visit,any help to resolve would be greatly appreciated,thanks 

Adblu is a solution of urea, a chemical found in the urine of most animals including humans. Whether Adblu is extracted from urine or manufactured commercially I have no idea, nor does it matter because extracted from is not the same as is.

I never knew my knowledge as a chemist for most of my life would be useful in a car forum.

8 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Just makes me wonder how they collect it, and what the job description is of that person.

Hi there is not enough Pigs on the planet to cater for our needs, its actually a granulated fertiliser that is a synthetic but behaves the same way converting Nox 1 into Nox 2 [inert], thats why when Vlad the Impaler invaded Ukraine the supplies started to dry up so the Chinese the other mass producer decided to jack the price up.

Steve.