side mirror issue

Just purchased an Audi A1 TDi S and cannot for the life of me find out how to retract the side mirrors on it. Can anyone advise?

Welcome Robert, and thanks for joining.

Has your particular car been built with fold-in mirrors - which don’t fold- or are you trying, and failing, to manually turn them in when you want to? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi

I think S lines had that as standard but maybe thats not the case.

Otherwise, the "mirror switch" on the drivers door just to front of the window switches has  - left to adjust the passenger door mirror - right for the drivers side  - and all the way round to point the switch indent to the rear of the car. The mirrors should then fold in.

You may have details in the car documents giving "codes"  as to the original fit. There are on-line chats to work the codes out to see in your car was fitted for /with.

Hope that  helps

On 6/1/2024 at 9:23 AM, robert laird said:

Just purchased an Audi A1 TDi S and cannot for the life of me find out how to retract the side mirrors on it. Can anyone advise?

if it doesn't have the button like below, then you have not got it. I know on my s1 they have been retro fitted

screenshot-www.hazzydayz.com-2024.06.08-07_43_13.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, they don't automatically fold, and I cant fold them in manually...BUMMER.

I've got another issue, which I'll open a new topic with.