Clutch sticking and not fully disengaging pedal stuck

Smart

4 hours ago, Smart said:

Refitted flywheel and clutch kit new slave cyclinder and bleed system does it need a master clutch cylinder fitted

Hi well the SMART thing to do would be to supply more info, is it sticking down/up or is a guessing job.

• Like 1

Hello Mr. Smart,

Would you please take a little of your time to complete your profile properly, in the hope that fellow forum members will be prepared to spend their valuable time to try to help you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi well the SMART thing to do would be to supply more info, is it sticking down/up or is a guessing job.

28 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mr. Smart,

Would you please take a little of your time to complete your profile properly, in the hope that fellow forum members will be prepared to spend their valuable time to try to help you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I am very sorry not to have supplied more info. My q2 1.4 tfsi  2017 clutch stuck to floor and gears became stuck so had to get towed to nearest garage.  The garage have fitted flywheel and clutch kit which initially seemed to sort problem, however I drove car for one mile from garage and the clutch pedal ceased Mechanic managed to nurse it back to garage then decided to fit slave cyclinder, again this appeared to work, The clutch pedal has stuck in the floor position twice and had to be manually lifted with my foot.  The clutch pedal returns halfway then springs back on lifting foot of pedal.  Does anyone know if fitting a master cyclinder will rectify problem.  Hydraulic system has been fully bled by mechanic.  Any help would be most welcome as we are now passed the £2000.00 mark

53 minutes ago, Wrsmart said:

I am very sorry not to have supplied more info. My q2 1.4 tfsi  2017 clutch stuck to floor and gears became stuck so had to get towed to nearest garage.  The garage have fitted flywheel and clutch kit which initially seemed to sort problem, however I drove car for one mile from garage and the clutch pedal ceased Mechanic managed to nurse it back to garage then decided to fit slave cyclinder, again this appeared to work, The clutch pedal has stuck in the floor position twice and had to be manually lifted with my foot.  The clutch pedal returns halfway then springs back on lifting foot of pedal.  Does anyone know if fitting a master cyclinder will rectify problem.  Hydraulic system has been fully bled by mechanic.  Any help would be most welcome as we are now passed the £2000.00 mark

Hi which brand of master cylinder was fitted, it sounds very much like either the system still has air in it or the cylinder is defective [not unknown on aftermarket] I personally went through this some years back and finally bought a genuine LUK unit which once power bled solved my problem, the main problem was the cheapo Dot 4 my garage used so I switched to Comma ESP 4 and the combination of a new cylinder and a brake fluid change cured it.

Steve.

Any garage worth its salt would have looked at the two cylinders first as they are the obvious culprits when a pedal remains on the floor. I suspect the garage has wasted a lot of your money.

• Like 1

Thanks for completing your profile Grace, and for filling in the necessary background detail, and it’s pleasing you have already had progressive advice. 
I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I think there are a couple of confusing remarks, which would be useful to clarify:-

‘…..garage then decided to fit slave cylinder….’ So are you saying that the slave cylinder was not replaced initially when the remaining clutch components were renewed? 
Can you establish from the garage, what make of clutch parts were used?

Kind regards,

Gareth.