Stop/start abs issues

Yes it was a battery problem all along, as we all suspected from the start. The ABS pump was a red herring.

Have you had the battery coded to the car yet? You will need to in order to get all functions working properly.

15 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Yes it was a battery problem all along, as we all suspected from the start. The ABS pump was a red herring.

Have you had the battery coded to the car yet? You will need to in order to get all functions working properly.

No..turned ignition on..left for 2 mins to reset..then drove the car  for half an hour..everything working bar the abs ..might he a wheel sensor??

On 6/11/2024 at 7:22 PM, cliffcoggin said:

As the driver of an electric car that is reliant on a lithium-ion battery for motive power I don't believe Li-ion technology is inherently rubbish, however it does require a sophisticated BMS (battery management system) to ensure safe, reliable, and durable operation. I doubt that the simple charging circuits on a 12 year old car will have that capability, so it seems to me that to fit a 12 volt Li-ion battery to the A3 is both wastefully expensive and a retrograde step in terms of performance. A plain lead-acid battery would do the job adequately.

Hi Cliff its not a LI-ION battery LION is the brand and believe me they aint any good.

Steve.