Help with service history, please.

I’m looking to buy a 2015 2.0 Tdi S-line 181. It’s an ideal spec for me, however there’s a 35k gap in the history from 2018-2021 and simply can’t trace it. What does the hive mind suggest I do? Is there a service that can trace it? Thank you very much in advance! 

The service history gap means either that it was not serviced at all, or the servicing was done by somebody without access to the Audi record system. In your position I would walk away from the car.

• Like 1

Hello James,

Detail is rather sketchy, so could you please fill in some background detail. 
Current mileage?

Mileage covered to first MOT?

Mileage at which the car was last serviced and recorded on the Audi database? 
Trying to set some logic to this, it would seem that the car was dealer serviced until the warranty expired in 2018, and then - as Cliff suggests. 
Servicing post 2021? 
I am not aware of any way you can retrieve any evidence of non-Audi recorded servicing- assuming there aren’t any invoices available to clarify that. 
Sorry about all the questions James, but is the car being sold locally, and have you actually seen copy of the service record? If you haven’t, then I would be treating any claim to service history as if it doesn’t exist - until you have actually viewed that record. 
Take it you have examined the on-line MOT history, and the DVLA Vehicle Check to establish when the last V5 was issued - sometimes an indicator of short term ownership. 
Perhaps you could come back to us James. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Anywhere near to the fantastic cafe in Ewenny? 

Yes, near the cafe! I’m sorted now. Transpires the car was a fleet car for the first 50k of its life and we’ve managed (after much sweat and tears) to trace its history. Thank you all so much for your responses.

Thanks James, glad you are sorted, but no one is any the wiser how this eventually panned out for you, and some of the answers may have been of help to others, who might find themselves in a similar position. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

22 hours ago, Magnet said:

Very enlightening and helpful to others - not! 

Apologies for being curt; I was rather pressed for time. It was persistence that was key. I ascertained the name of the dealer from whom the owner before this one bought the car. Worked out that they ‘normally’ carry out a pre-delivery inspection and service and give the car a fresh MOT. Assumed the MOT and service were carried out at the same garage. Found the name of the MOT centre by asking the vendor to enter his V5C reference no. on the GOV site. Called them only to be told that their digital records only stretch back 3 years, but that they could trawl back through the manual records which extend back further. To my surprise the nice lady at the garage called me later in the day saying that she had found it and did in fact have a digital copy which she duly emailed across to me. Hoorah! HTH.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2024 at 6:57 AM, JTaylor101 said:

Apologies for being curt; I was rather pressed for time. It was persistence that was key. I ascertained the name of the dealer from whom the owner before this one bought the car. Worked out that they ‘normally’ carry out a pre-delivery inspection and service and give the car a fresh MOT. Assumed the MOT and service were carried out at the same garage. Found the name of the MOT centre by asking the vendor to enter his V5C reference no. on the GOV site. Called them only to be told that their digital records only stretch back 3 years, but that they could trawl back through the manual records which extend back further. To my surprise the nice lady at the garage called me later in the day saying that she had found it and did in fact have a digital copy which she duly emailed across to me. Hoorah! HTH.

Well done what man😎