A6 2.0tdi CNHA water pump locations - help please!

Can anyone help me out with locations of where the electric water pumps are located on the 2015 Audi a6 2.0 tdi ultra?

Obviously there is one of the engine that is attached to timing belt.

Theres an electric one right next to the oil sump under the engine. Driver side on a RHD vehicle.

There is a pump behind the passenger side bumper/light unit under coolant tank

However my mechanic seems to think there is another electric pump somewhere but isn’t telling me where and I can’t find anything online! 

Any help would be much appreciated….picture would help even more! 

thanks 

3 hours ago, Davidacarrick said:

Any help would be appreciated 

Hi as you look at the engine from the front its under the timing cover on the right hand side, you should see a wire coming out at the top of the r/h side thats the electrical connector for the pump baffle this operates by covering the impeller blades so that the engine warms up quicker, once up to temp the shield moves back and allows full flow via the impeller, the pump on the right of the engine is auxiliary and only comes into play when the engine is stopped in extremely high temps and continues to pump coolant round to stop the cylinder head from cracking.

Just now, Stevey Y said:

Hi as you look at the engine from the front its under the timing cover on the right hand side, you should see a wire coming out at the top of the r/h side thats the electrical connector for the pump baffle this operates by covering the impeller blades so that the engine warms up quicker, once up to temp the shield moves back and allows full flow via the impeller, the pump on the right of the engine is auxiliary and only comes into play when the engine is stopped in extremely high temps and continues to pump coolant round to stop the cylinder head from cracking.

PS the only electrical bit on the main pump is the baffle the rest is cam belt driven.

Is that the water pump that is attached to the timing belt your meaning? The switchable one? I’m meaning more the electrical support pumps.there is definitely one under the engine right under the DPF/EGR but not sure if there is another 

IMG_0100.jpeg

12 hours ago, Davidacarrick said:

@Stevey Y not having much look at minute. Rear wiper packed up earlier….that’s a mess in there 

IMG_0104.jpeg

Common issue on vag cars unfortunately. 

15 hours ago, Davidacarrick said:

@Stevey Y not having much look at minute. Rear wiper packed up earlier….that’s a mess in there 

IMG_0104.jpeg

Hi they fail because the water for the washer flows back down the spindle and through the rubber grommet in the window, took me a while to work that out, so when you replace the motor also replace the grommet with a liberal coating of silicone grease, grommet is about £16.00 on eBay, had three motors on mine but the last one was still good when the car went so the grommets definitely a winner.