Bulb warning light issue

robert laird

A bulb warning light appeared on the dashboard. I decided just to change all the rear bulbs, rather than repeat the process in a couple of weeks/months time. Alas the bulb warning light still maintains the brake light bulb is faulty.

Any suggestions ?

1 hour ago, robert laird said:

A bulb warning light appeared on the dashboard. I decided just to change all the rear bulbs, rather than repeat the process in a couple of weeks/months time. Alas the bulb warning light still maintains the brake light bulb is faulty.

Any suggestions ?

Hi take the rear light units out and check for power to the brake light bulb, with the aid of an assistant to press the pedal, no power will probably mean the switch on the pedal is faulty.

• Like 1

Hello Robert,

Are the brake lights actually working, or not.

Appreciate you have renewed all the bulbs, but sometimes there are 2 brake light bulbs per side, so although the brake lights appear to be working, only one bulb may be. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Curiouser and curiouser folks. Picked up my son from the airport late last night. When I finally got my back to my place it was pitch black outside. It was then that I found out the reversing light doesn't come on, but all the other bulbs function...side lighting, brake lighting, indicators work fine.

As the bulbs are new it's likely there is a poor connection in one of the bulb holders or a plug or the earthing of the lamp unit. It's common if water has entered the units, so ensure all moisture has been dried out and any corrosion of the terminals is cleaned off.

• Like 1

the a1 has a common fault i found out after fixing the girls one at work twice

The connection in the rear lights plastic melts

so test all lights, put on hazard lights, break with someone watching, etc

as Steve said, get someone to scan it with like a OBD 11 etc

seems this is your second post, as you posted about the mirrors as well. any photos of mirrors? on that post