Rear bumper replacement part number (A3 2010 3dr 1.6)

Trying to figure out the correct part number to replace a damaged rear bumper on a black 3dr A3 1.6 petrol (59 plate) but seeing conflicting information making it hard to work out what may actually fit

One part number that has been suggested is 8P3 807 303 D

Trying to avoid the minefield that is eBay suggesting a part fits when it does not based on VRN! Any means of determining the correct part number(s) that will fit please?

Edited by steveyeu

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Think this will depend on what spec the A3 is such as se, sport, s line etc. 

Can I determine this with only the VRN? 

Any suggestions for sites that ideally don’t need a fee to unlock details? Have tried a few so far without much luck. 

Hello Steve,

Are you trying to buy a new bumper, a replica replacement, or a secondhand one? 
Re EBay:- I think most folks find it a usual search tool - particularly for secondhand - since the parts are photographed ‘as are’, so you can better judge whether it matches your requirements.

Personally, I would not dismiss eBay as being a minefield.
Kind regards,

Gareth.  

37 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Steve,

Are you trying to buy a new bumper, a replica replacement, or a secondhand one? 
Re EBay:- I think most folks find it a usual search tool - particularly for secondhand - since the parts are photographed ‘as are’, so you can better judge whether it matches your requirements.

Personally, I would not dismiss EBay as being a minefield.
Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Second hand generally to keep costs down. eBay is fine but looking for part numbers to get the correct part to fit as have had issues previously with parts not fitting despite being noted a vehicle match. 

Thanks Steve, 

I think we are now better equipped by knowing exactly what you are looking for. 
I would revert to my eBay recommendation. 
Have you had issues with being supplied with incorrect secondhand parts via. eBay, as opposed to new-aftermarket parts? 
I ask, since I think it would be unlikely to find sellers of secondhand body panels paying much respect for part numbers - if indeed they will be visible at all on panels. 
A small amount of visual research on eBay, should narrow down the years which your model bumper fits, then you can further refine your search to things like the possibly separate lower inserts which might vary depending on exhaust differences for varying engine options. 
Sorry, I cannot help further, since I feel your quest for a part number may not be the answer to the maiden’s prayer for you. 
Having said that, I think reference to a website LLL -? may come up with something.

Stevey Y on here should be more knowledgeable on this that me.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

4 hours ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Steve, 

I think we are now better equipped by knowing exactly what you are looking for. 
I would revert to my EBay recommendation. 
Have you had issues with being supplied with incorrect secondhand parts via. EBay, as opposed to new-aftermarket parts? 
I ask, since I think it would be unlikely to find sellers of secondhand body panels paying much respect for part numbers - if indeed they will be visible at all on panels. 
A small amount of visual research on EBay, should narrow down the years which your model bumper fits, then you can further refine your search to things like the possibly separate lower inserts which might vary depending on exhaust differences for varying engine options. 
Sorry, I cannot help further, since I feel your quest for a part number may not be the answer to the maiden’s prayer for you. 
Having said that, I think reference to a website LLL -? may come up with something.

Stevey Y on here should be more knowledgeable on this that me.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I think it’s the 8P1 Technik so would it be a safe bet that most of the 8P1 bumpers for three door would fit if they have the single exhaust cutout? 

Alternatively are there any reliable sources for aftermarket parts to get an idea on price differences and possibly actually get something that is somewhat guaranteed to fit?

I’ve come from being very easily being able to obtain part numbers on other vehicles to source parts but Audi is proving to be more difficult 😅

Sorry Steve, but I’m beginning to get a little confused, since all indications are - from your first sentence- that you aren’t positive about what model you have. 
The detail is coming through rather sketchy, and that isn’t helping, so please tell us:- 

Do you know what model you have? 
Do you have an existing (or remains of?) a current rear bumper to visually compare what is available on eBay
Re aftermarket bumper suppliers - have you done a Google search for such? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Can the model and therefore potentially suitable part numbers be determined from the VRN? 

I have the bumper still yes still on the vehicle however as it’s cosmetic damage more so than anything but not easily repaired.

Already have one spare that for all intents was listed as a fit that doesn’t hanging about struggling to sell so wanting to avoid the same again by determining model/part numbers etc from VRN or other detail where possible.

Not currently with the vehicle but may be able to source more detail from the VIN I presume or indeed if I were to provide photos of the bodywork?

As long as you buy a bumper from.same year or close to it and same engine (so exhaust tips the same) then you should be fine 🙂 

Euro car parts might give you the exact model. Sorry for delayed reply by the way 

I have found that you can’t always depend on on-line factor data to clearly identify the exact year Steve. Even my preferred Parts in Motion comes up with inaccurate dating on occasions Steve (Q). 
Apologies, but I’m afraid I’ve joined Confused.com on this one!