Front windscreen washer intermittent

Simon newton

Hi all, ive got a 2011, Q5 3.0, I’ve recently been having issues with my front windscreen washer, it’s been very intermittent lately, it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t, but the rear works fine?? I bought a new pump and it’s exactly the same, the weird part is is when it doesn’t work the rear wiper comes on but when it does work it doesn’t?? Any ideas anyone? Could it be a dodgy rear wiper motor, I changed it for a new one a while ago, could it be playing with the electrics?? Appreciate any help

2 hours ago, Simon newton said:

Hi all, ive got a 2011, Q5 3.0, I’ve recently been having issues with my front windscreen washer, it’s been very intermittent lately, it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t, but the rear works fine?? I bought a new pump and it’s exactly the same, the weird part is is when it doesn’t work the rear wiper comes on but when it does work it doesn’t?? Any ideas anyone? Could it be a dodgy rear wiper motor, I changed it for a new one a while ago, could it be playing with the electrics?? Appreciate any help

Hi its most likely the control stalk on the steering column, strip the cowling away and give it a squirt of contact cleaner whilst working the arm,[ignition off], if that wont work you will need a new control arm set these are joined to a plastic ring and I believe you can't change them individually.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 6:46 PM, Simon newton said:

Thanks Steve, I’ll give that a go, but knowing my luck it the more expensive way!

Hi if you have to go replacement unit try eBay loads of second hand and aftermarket which are a lot cheaper than the wallet Vampires A.K.A Audi main dealers.

• Thanks 1