Audi A3 tdi 2008 Sportsback

Can anyone help.
We have a Audi 1.9 tdi 2008 Sportback.
My wife uses it for work.
The issue she has is on very hot days, like today  21°C. When she gets into the car to drive home, she'll start the car up without issue. But whilst on the road, ALL dashboard lights, speedometer, rev counter, radio etc will disappear. The car will still run, but shuts down approx after about 15 minutes. When she gets home I have plugged in a tester and carry out a health scan. No error codes appear.
If you leave the car standing for about 10 minutes, it will start over with all dashboard lights on.
I've tested both the coolant fans and both kick in around 95°C, but that is only when I've got dashboard lights.

Has anyone had this same fault or can any good Samaritan point me in the right direction to carry out a fix?

This has happened to her twice in the last month, as stated. Only on hot days.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Steve Doyle
Better grammar

59 minutes ago, Steve Doyle said:

Can anyone help.
We have a Audi 1.9 tdi 2008 Sportback.
My wife uses it for work.
The issue she has is on very hot days, like today  21°C. When she gets into the car to drive home, she'll start the car up without issue. But whilst on the road, ALL dashboard lights, speedometer, rev counter, radio etc will disappear. The car will still run, but shuts down approx after about 15 minutes. When she gets home I have plugged in a tester and carry out a health scan. No error codes appear.
If you leave the car standing for about 10 minutes, it will start over with all dashboard lights on.
I've tested both the coolant fans and both kick in around 95°C, but that is only when I've got dashboard lights.

Has anyone had this same fault or can any good Samaritan point me in the right direction to carry out a fix?

This has happened to her twice in the last month, as stated. Only on hot days.

Thank you in advance.

Hi its probably the dash pod problem this wont throw any codes but is a common problem the immobiliser is in with the clocks, best policy is remove it and send it away to be tested, lots of companies repair these units, the best one I have used is ECU Testing, might be worth giving them a call as they can advise you.

Steve.

As Steve said, it's likely to be the instrument cluster at fault. You have the options of a new one from Audi for silly money, (don't even consider a secondhand one,) or repair of yours for about £180. Search this forum for other examples of this fault.