A5 Sportback 35 TDI S Line

Good evening... I am looking for some help. I picked up my new (to me) A5 Sportback 35 TDI S Line coupe yesterday first registered March 21. It wasnt until driving home this evening that I first tried the sound system. It sounded ok at lower volumes but seemed to be a wee bit lacking in the more refined notes and bass. this got me adjusting the sound settings through the MMi which made a bit of a difference - it sounds acceptable. The dealer i bought it from has since taken down the specs of the vehicle which means i cant check to see what the specific sound system is. One thing i do know is that it is not the B&O sounds system. I seem to have the following speakers - 1 drivers side door, 1 passenger side door. one passenger side dash, a centre dash speaker and one on the right dash.... Can anyone help me out and advise whether there should be a further set (i'm thinking there should be at least another 2 speakers + perhaps a sub woofer in the back parcel shelf ? they are def not there ! My cynical mind is thinking that they have been removed at some point ??? or is it just that the model i have just got has a basic sound system with the speakers aforementioned.... Any help from you knowledgeable bunch would be appreciated - dont want to go back to the dealer kicking off if my suspicions are wrong

8 minutes ago, fishingross said:

Good evening... I am looking for some help. I picked up my new (to me) A5 Sportback 35 TDI S Line coupe yesterday first registered March 21. It wasnt until driving home this evening that I first tried the sound system. It sounded ok at lower volumes but seemed to be a wee bit lacking in the more refined notes and bass. this got me adjusting the sound settings through the MMi which made a bit of a difference - it sounds acceptable. The dealer i bought it from has since taken down the specs of the vehicle which means i cant check to see what the specific sound system is. One thing i do know is that it is not the B&O sounds system. I seem to have the following speakers - 1 drivers side door, 1 passenger side door. one passenger side dash, a centre dash speaker and one on the right dash.... Can anyone help me out and advise whether there should be a further set (i'm thinking there should be at least another 2 speakers + perhaps a sub woofer in the back parcel shelf ? they are def not there ! My cynical mind is thinking that they have been removed at some point ??? or is it just that the model i have just got has a basic sound system with the speakers aforementioned.... Any help from you knowledgeable bunch would be appreciated - dont want to go back to the dealer kicking off if my suspicions are wrong

Hi the model you have is fitted with the standard sound system which to my mind is more than adequate, if you want more speakers you will have to add them and as for sub woofers they are normally fitted under the boot floor where there used to be a spare wheel, still I suppose you can always sit there at half past stupid waiting for the recovery to arrive, with your tunes cranked right up.

Hi Stevey Y. Thanks for your reply. Greatly appreciated. I get from what you're saying that all that's there is what should be there?. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the subwoofer. I'll have a look. Like you say sound is *adequate* as is but a little, teeensy bit lacking compared to my old A6. Thanks again