Audi A4 2017 Engine speed governing.

PHB

I am getting a warning "engine speed governing" displaying on my screen. It states I must not increase the revs above 2500rpm. It frequently occurs when I am accelerating which is a problem as I lose power, it is as if the speed limiter has come in. This started after I had the water pump and thermostat changed which the garage does not believe would be an issue and the garage can not find any fault codes.  In the manual it stated this is to stop the engine overheating but the temperature is normal and sometimes the engine is cold as I have only traveled a few miles. Has anyone got any ideas what could cause this fault. 

8 minutes ago, PHB said:

I am getting a warning "engine speed governing" displaying on my screen. It states I must not increase the revs above 2500rpm. It frequently occurs when I am accelerating which is a problem as I lose power, it is as if the speed limiter has come in. This started after I had the water pump and thermostat changed which the garage does not believe would be an issue and the garage can not find any fault codes.  In the manual it stated this is to stop the engine overheating but the temperature is normal and sometimes the engine is cold as I have only traveled a few miles. Has anyone got any ideas what could cause this fault. 

Hi it could be a faulty temperature sensor these are not monitored and wont throw a code, it is bit of a difficult thing to diagnose as there is at least two of them, one of them should be near the thermostat housing.

Steve.

Thanks Steve. Just returned from the garage and as expected there were not fault codes found. The garage are going to forward the problem onto the tech people but without a fault code they said they do not know where to start.

Sad to say the problem is occurring nearly every time I accelerate up to 70 mph, unfortunately the fault does not stay on when I take it to the garage. They have taken advise but made no progress if finding the fault. I really like the car but I can't carry on with this issue as it can put me in difficult situations, I think it will have to go.