Spings and disks help

Zzz

Hi,

My car: 08 A3 Sline 2.0 TFSI, FWD.

One of my front springs has broken off at the top so I need to replace them but I don't know which ones to go for as the wheels on my car are not the originals.

My car has 18" wheels which I don't believe are original. I think it came with 17" wheels. The way it sits is slightly high and could do with lowering a bit. But which springs should I go for?

I know coilovers are an option but I don't want to go down that route - purely because of cost as I just don't drive my car enough.

To change the springs what special tools will I need? I know I'll need spring compressors but what else will I need?

Disks - I normally get them from Euro car parts. I used to go for Pagid disks and pads. They seem to do this brand I never heard of "Audura" - any good?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Zzz said:

Hi,

My car: 08 A3 Sline 2.0 TFSI, FWD.

One of my front springs has broken off at the top so I need to replace them but I don't know which ones to go for as the wheels on my car are not the originals.

My car has 18" wheels which I don't believe are original. I think it came with 17" wheels. The way it sits is slightly high and could do with lowering a bit. But which springs should I go for?

I know coilovers are an option but I don't want to go down that route - purely because of cost as I just don't drive my car enough.

To change the springs what special tools will I need? I know I'll need spring compressors but what else will I need?

Disks - I normally get them from Euro car parts. I used to go for Pagid disks and pads. They seem to do this brand I never heard of "Audura" - any good?

Thanks

Hi Pagid are euros own brand and are not E11-E9 marked try on line, Partsinmotion are a good shout as they only do quality stuff such as Febi/Brembo etc.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Helllo,

Having a bit of a system tidy-up, and noticed you joined and posted on the same day, back in July, and were given very sound advice, but you don’t appear to have returned it read or at least acknowledge it. 
Just wondered if you have a valid reason -?