Looking for help in locating a discontinued part for S5

JoJo 17

I had a check engine light appear and was told by the mechanic servicing my car that the intake manifold runner control actuator has failed and is no longer moving the manifold so I need to replace it.  They initially ordered the wrong part because apparently, they didn't confirm the VIN.  The part needed is the Intake Manifold Vacuum Actuator 079133619C for Audi or VW.  This part has been discontinued and I have not been able to find a refurbished or used part.  I checked with Wolf, eBay, and ECS but had no luck. 

I'm looking for additional suggestions for a replacement part or alternative part number. Otherwise, I am told the solution is to replace the entire intake manifold for $2400.  That seems crazy for a part that would have cost a fraction of that amount.  Any assitance would be welcomed.

Welcome Joy and thanks for joining. 
Important bit first!
Please send some of your Florida weather across to this damp, drizzly and currently cold part of S. W. Wales. 

On to the issue:- 

I can see from LLL Parts of London U.K. that the part is indeed not currently available, but it might be well worth contacting them to see when (if indeed ever) it will be available, and if not in the very near future, if they know of any aftermarket supplier who may do this part.

By what I can see, it doesn’t seem to be a very complex engineered part, and I wonder if another readily available part ( particularly from the aftermarket route) could be suitably modified to do the job, with some minor-ish engineering. Might be worth considering. 
Perhaps you could let us know the outcome Joy. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.