Speech Dialogue Not responding and MMI eventually crashes

MartinLHW

After the car went into the dealership last time for service and updates, the Speech Dialogue button no longer works. The circle will spin but nothing happens and the MMI eventually crashes and needs to restart the whole system by holding the volume button in for 10 seconds. Because of this, you can't ask it to redial, navigate or change temperature etc anymore. Even the Map crashes if you've been driving for an hour upwards. The latest map updates also won't/can't install.

Have anyone had similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Hello again Martin, 

It sounds like your dealership is causing you issues at the moment. 
Fact:- Speech Dialogue was working when the car was presented to the dealership for service and update. 

It no longer works, so you need to politely, but firmly instruct the dealership to reinstate this facility for you, so your vehicle is in the same condition as it was before you left it with them? 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I've stopped using the cars system, I just use Andriod Auto. But car going back into the garage for service so fingers crossed there will be another update this year.

Just wanted to put the question out there to see if anyone else had similar issues.

Thank you all.

Thanks Martin,

I’m from the school that it doesn’t really make any difference whether anyone else has a similar issue - your car does, and that seems coincident with when it was last serviced and updated. 
Since you mention it’s going to be serviced again, can we take it the issue you have raised has been with the car for some time? If it was, this is highly likely to dilute your case to get it rectified now. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

12 hours ago, MartinLHW said:

I've stopped using the cars system, I just use Andriod Auto. But car going back into the garage for service so fingers crossed there will be another update this year.

Just wanted to put the question out there to see if anyone else had similar issues.

Thank you all.

Was trying to ascertain whether it was a hardware / software issue.

if AA is still working via voice control then obviously a software issue.

like an update or reinstall required.