2017 2.0 S Line Diesel - Auto Box - Lag.

bantamdave21

Hi

Can anyone give any advice at all please?

I have a 2017 A4 s line 2.0d auto. I find what appears a lag when engaging reverse - I can only describe as feels like it’s building up to moving backwards. And occasionally I feel like I have a similar lag forwards when say coasting a little then accelerating again.

This may be completely normal I just haven’t had one before and this is my first Audi automatic. It’s just done 100k miles and I have paperwork of a gearbox service shortly before my purchase.

Is this just normal?

11 hours ago, bantamdave21 said:

Hi

Can anyone give any advice at all please?

I have a 2017 A4 s line 2.0d auto. I find what appears a lag when engaging reverse - I can only describe as feels like it’s building up to moving backwards. And occasionally I feel like I have a similar lag forwards when say coasting a little then accelerating again.

This may be completely normal I just haven’t had one before and this is my first Audi automatic. It’s just done 100k miles and I have paperwork of a gearbox service shortly before my purchase.

Is this just normal?

Hi if its had a service it might just need a reset, you don't mention how many miles you have done since the service?

Steve.

Hiya,

it’s done maybe 5-10k since. You’d hope it would’ve been reset when serviced but you never know I guess. It drives fairly faultless otherwise I just wasn’t too sure if that’s just how they are…

it’s at Audi in next month or two for its normal service they may take a look perhaps 

18 hours ago, bantamdave21 said:

Hiya,

it’s done maybe 5-10k since. You’d hope it would’ve been reset when serviced but you never know I guess. It drives fairly faultless otherwise I just wasn’t too sure if that’s just how they are…

it’s at Audi in next month or two for its normal service they may take a look perhaps 

Hi they dont reset the gearbox after a service especially if its a dealer service, its something you have to ask for so they can charge you a shedload more money for it, same as software updates, my assumption based on your milage is that it would need a reset as that removes all redundant info from the gearbox control so it re learns its values with what is now a gearbox with milage wear, best find an independent that have the capability to perform this task it will cost you less.

Steve.