New Audi Owner, checking in

DJA-440

Hello! I pick up my first ever Audi this evening. It's a 2021 A4 S-Line Avant Black Edition with Comfort and Sound packs. 

I come from a long line of BMW, and most recently volvo (which i owned for 4 weeks before it was written off). 

Looking forward to it, i've never owned an estate car never mind an audi and in due course i'll have a play with it. I can't leave anything standard for very long. 

Will post some pics if of interest later but it looks exactly the same as any other black A4 avant black edition on the road. I'll add a tow bar at some point and need to source some black emblems to replace the chrome ones (which i thought was standard for black edition, but maybe not). 

I'll be looking for advice on mapping, it's not quick by any stretch of the imagination and i could do with releasing some torque within safe limits if i'm going to be attaching a horse to the back of it. 

5 hours ago, DJA-440 said:

Hello! I pick up my first ever Audi this evening. It's a 2021 A4 S-Line Avant Black Edition with Comfort and Sound packs. 

I come from a long line of BMW, and most recently volvo (which i owned for 4 weeks before it was written off). 

Looking forward to it, i've never owned an estate car never mind an audi and in due course i'll have a play with it. I can't leave anything standard for very long. 

Will post some pics if of interest later but it looks exactly the same as any other black A4 avant black edition on the road. I'll add a tow bar at some point and need to source some black emblems to replace the chrome ones (which i thought was standard for black edition, but maybe not). 

I'll be looking for advice on mapping, it's not quick by any stretch of the imagination and i could do with releasing some torque within safe limits if i'm going to be attaching a horse to the back of it. 

Hi I can understand changing badges etc, mapping and then towing not a good idea as further down the line you will experience problems that your local garage probably wont be able to fix and the main dealer certainly wont entertain on a car thats three years old and has been modified, its up to you but I would definitely mention the remap to your insurance company as on a car that age they quietly check the car if its going to be written off as a way of getting out of paying out should they find its been modified.

Steve.