Loss of Favourites in MMI

Grae

Q2 2025 would not be acceptable!!

The Head Of Business of my dealership are told me by email last week and I quote:-

We accept that there is fault on your MII system. Whilst it does operate and provide the systems it is designed to do, there is an issue with you being able to log onto your My Audi account, which results in the car not recognising your log in as being stored. As a consequence, anything you wish the MII to retain it does not.

This issue has been reported to Audi UK and the fault is logged with them. We are currently awaiting a permanent fix for this issue, and once received we will of course resolve this for you.

In a further email yesterday morning he tells me he was in contact with Audi on Monday and the fix was due in early to mid-August.

I will keep you posted.

Looking around online it seems various Audi car models have been having issues for a number of years.  These are most probably different issues on older MMI systems to those we are experiencing.  Best to concentrate on what are dealerships are telling us regarding our particular issue.  Just treat what's online as 'hearsay'

Once we have a fix it will need throughly testing.

• Like 1

Thanks David. I was told by Audi UK last week that there was no software update planned until at least December.....the problem is who to believe !!

• Like 1

Well Graeme, if it goes past mid-August then I will start asking for my monthly PCP payment to be reduced until a proper fix is found and it is working to my satisfaction, and a credit made to my account for the payments I have already made.  That should help focus their minds to resolving the issue.  The whole matter is completely unacceptable and the Head Of Business has been told that in no uncertain terms.

• Like 1

Remember I had a previous non facelift a3 brand new model in April - but returned and swapped it due to MHEV issues. That generation of MMI worked fine.

The issue for me is absolutely this latest generation MMI. They’ve clearly rushed the software for this latest generation without fully testing. 

Thanks for all the valuable insights so far - will be playing these back to local dealer on the 09th.

My previous A3, which I replaced last month had the same MMI with no issues at all. I can't understand what is different with the software now and why the previous software wasn't ported over.  Otherwise really pleased with my car.  Changed to automatic and now wondering why it took me so long!!  Its just this damned MMI spoiling matters!!!

• Like 1

I am in the same boat David.  Love the car but this damn MMI issue is really spoiling it for me.

On another note I have paid £295 for the 4 year warranty and I have had no paperwork in regards to this despite emailing them a number of times.  I am getting no joy out of them.  Rang customer service and they have no idea what I am talking about !  I even directed them to their own website.

• Like 1

I thought I had resolved this - car went for 3 days without losing radio favourites - that’s the longest yet! 

But unfortunately it resorted back losing them all again this morning!

Hi All,

It looks like I can bring faulty MMI experience to a close now. Today I formally rejected my Q3 under the 30 day rule in the 2015 Consumer Protection Act and my local dealership have responded quickly and professionally by accepting this. The car was duly returned to them today and a full refund has been received. In my case Audi accepted that there was unlikely to be a fix before December 2024, so my dealer and Audi Customer Services in the UK accepted that this wasn't a tenable position and seemed keen to preserve goodwill. So while I'm disappointed to have returned what was lovely car, and am faced with having to buy something else, I will give my dealership and Audi UK some credit for behaving professionally in my case and not entering into a protracted debate. I hope that you all get satisfactory outcomes to your respective situations. Our MMI issues have indeed seemed to be pretty identical. Who knows, maybe they will indeed push through a proper fix now. I'd also like to say a big thank you to you all for your updates and communications, it has felt like a proper support group. Good luck and I will watch with interest. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you have implemented the 30 day rule.  I am just passed the 30 days but I understand the same act gives Audi one chance to provide a working fix within the first 6 months, otherwise I can reject.  I've been told a fix by mid-August so I'll see what happens.  I hope it doesn't come to rejecting, but if the issues continue (or other issues arise after a fix) then it will be a consideration along with requesting a payment reduction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grae said:

Today I formally rejected my Q3 under the 30 day rule in the 2015 Consumer Protection Act and my local dealership have responded quickly and professionally by accepting this. The car was duly returned to them today and a full refund has been received.

Congratulations on getting Audi to behave responsibly. I hope for a similar outcome to everyone suffering a similar problem

• Like 1

I'm the not-so-proud owner of a 2024 facelifted A3 S Line that I picked-up on July 12th, and like you all have experienced the same faults from Day 1.

It's not just the loss of being able to store your favourites, but the total inability to store any personalised settings that I find galling.

I've been trying to get my local dealership to acknowledge that the fault is not limited to my car, but is across the entire production run of A3s etc., but was told that I shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet !!

It's booked in for diagnostic review on the 6th, which is perilously close to the end of my 30 days, but given what I've read I'm not holding my breath that I'll see a permanent solution to the problem.

Hopefully when push comes to shove, if no fix is found then my dealership will be as reasonable as Clifford's. 

• Like 1

Hi , It's Graeme (and it was my "reasonable" dealership rather than  Cliffords who is a site moderator) 🙂 . . I would recommend you phone Audi UK Customer Services to also get them on your side and so that you can show you've tried every route.  They are now fully aware of the issue and they acknowledged to me that if there is on foreseeable fix then you are quite at liberty to reject the car. Also get your dealership to raise a technical service case with Audi, who, in my case then said to my dealership that they were aware and there was no point taking the car in.

Good luck.

• Like 1

How did you ensure they raised a technical service request Graeme - want to make sure I do the same on 09 August and I don’t get messed about. 

Thanks

Dan

Hi, the Sales person asked the Workshop Manager to raise a  "Technical Service Handbook" case with Audi which resulted in them coming back with Technical Product Information which in my case indicated there was no current fix.  In my case it was under the heading "MIB3: radio favourites and other settings are lost". Obviously I can't tell if your defect is exactly the same as mine .

You never know, Audi may now be getting around to expediting a fix.......but who knows ....

• Like 1

As I have said on earlier posts, I have been told by my dealership Head Of Business, early to mid August for a fix.  I wait in anticipation!!!

• Like 1

On a happier note I now have some email evidence in regards to my 4 year warranty.  Just the MMI issue to sort out now

• Like 1

I'm just joining you guys here with exactly the same MMI fault on my brand new Q3 Sport. Very frustrating and I have mine booked into the dealership next Monday for a diagnosis. I don't expect a quick resolution but it gets me on the trail, hopefully. I must be a glutton for punishment as I had very similar MMI issues with my previous new Q3 in 2021 and new Q2 before that in 2018. Audi did sort out my previous issues but it took some time, couple of months, for each to get resolved. Once sorted, they remained fine and stable. Best to concentrate on this current issue though.

I hope one of us gets some useful leads from our dealings with Audi on this, and can help out the others.

This MUST be a widespread issue, but it's amazing that there must be a lot of people who have it and just live with it ... Why?

Hi Dan. My Q3 had a hardware/software problem maintaining connection to the LTE Audi network and would annoyingly reset the whole MMI at low signal levels. It would lose everything, Radio, phones, Sat Nav for about 10 minutes. Just dead. Usually as I was about to cross the QE2 bridge over the Thames into Kent. No Sat Nav is just what you want when entering one of the busiest parts of the M25! It was solved by replacing the car's MMI computer and latest software ... under warranty of course. But they wouldn't tell me further details.

The q2 problem, very similar to this one, was solved by a lot of my time talking to, and performing tests for, Audi Connect Support in Germany who produced a Software update for my dealer to install. Worked fine after that. Again no further details.

Has anyone with our problem tried removing the Key User altogether and driving without it? Obv you cannot connect to the car from the app, but all settings should be retained in theory.

I did at an early stage but it didn't seem to make any difference and I then re-loaded the key user. 

Graeme, so just to be clear, Radio stations and settings still cleared and reverted to defaults every day or sometimes same day, as before? 

Interesting, because without a Key user there is no need for MMI to connect to the network and check remote user access  rights. Which suggests the bug is not related to LTE signal levels. Or the code is really sloppy and goes through it anyway, which wouldn't surprise me.

Oh well, I'm probably overthinking it ...

• Like 1

Going to try my luck - I am booked in at the dealer on the 22nd August for a diagnostic on the MMI system.  We will see.

• Like 1

I had a long chat with Post Sales person at Audi yesterday and mine is booked in for 5th August. It would have been this week but I'm busy and need the car this week. I think they're keen because I haven't yet submitted my Purchase Questionnaire, and I said i might have to mark them down a bit in places because I'm not completely satisfied with my purchase.

• Like 1

Hi Mick,

Just to make sure you're aware, I'm the person who bought a Q3 about a month ago and who then rejected it within the 30 day period and got a full refund. That was after my dealer saying they couldn't fix it and Audi telling them/me that there was no point in me taking it into my dealer and that there would be no fix until at least December. I realise that may not be a desirable/practical path for others, I just didn't want the uncertainty and the hassle. I would be pleased for other people if Audi do sort it . I've now bought another make of car.

However, everything I've now heard , even from other people in the trade, and also based on your experience, is that this problem has been around for quite while now, without Audi solving it. When Audi dealers say they are unaware of the problem, I have to doubt that very much.  And certainly the number of people experiencing this issue is now growing. 

Your analysis associated with the LTE connectivity certainly strikes a chord with my experience but so is the one which says the problem will only be solved by replacing the MMI unit of the specific car, the actual "brain" unit, and replacing the software. 

I can only thank my lucky stars that my local dealer behaved so responsibly, as I'm not a technical person and don't have the energy and ability to engage with Audi in a technical debate. And having spent £40k why should any of us have to do that?

So I wish others well in getting their own solution.

• Like 1