Loss of Favourites in MMI

Grae

Been reading the latest posts with interest.

As I have a PCP I have raised a complaint with VW Finance with the intention of getting compensation and reduced monthly payments until such time the fix is carried out and everything is working to my satisfaction.  For me I don't consider rejection an option, although I realise the option is still open to me. Because VWF technically own the car rejection does get a bit more complicated.  VWF have a complaints dept so if calling ask to be put through to them.  I spoke to a very helpful guy called Tom.  I have referred him to this forum and he found it while on the call to me, so they are fully aware of our complaints.  Tom did say that they are regulated by the FCA so if there is no satisfactory outcome after 8 weeks of making the complaint you can refer it to the FCA.  I have received an email confirming my complaint so I know it is underway.

I have also emailed the Head Of Business at Northampton Audi venting my feelings and asking for the same compensation package.  Also gave him the option of replacing my car with one of the same spec etc, but with a working MMI!! Can't see that happening!!!

I have been a customer at Northampton Audi for over 20 years yet with this problem I have experienced similar customer service issues as Gordon with Inchcape Audi Stockport.  They want you to complete the sales survey and give them 5 stars after collecting the car, but when you report a problem no one wants to know - shocking service.  I will refuse to complete any further of their survey's.

I will update on any further developments, but it would help if you all gave your dealerships as much grief as possible and if on finance log a complaint with VW Finance.

3 hours ago, Peter101 said:

Yes, that’s correct, it would be good to compare notes…. I purchased my car on 23/07 and therefore if there isn’t a solution, I may demand my money back.

I got mine with a PCP deal on 19/07, my sales rep was Lloyd, whom in my experience was not all that good. In any case once you've taken delivery, Sales staff don't really want to know, you are then referred to "after-sales"! Which I think is basically Service dept and Customer Service. 

I'm interested in the new joiners' experience with this problem because I get the "reset" roughly once every 24 hours but Dan (A3Sportback24) gets his "reset" about every 3 days. His software version is 4143 which is differrent to mine, 4142.

Could you Peter and other new joiners to this discussion possibly let us know how often yours resets, and if possible the Software version on your car, which you can find through Car Settings?

Cheers, Mick

This forum seems to becoming a central point for discussing this issue yet we will be a very small percentage of the Audi customers experiencing this problem.  I’m afraid I don’t participate in Facebook or any other of the social media sites.  If any of you do participate then it might be an idea to post an article on these sites with a link to this forum so traffic can be driven to the forum and increase our numbers.

Also if anyone has idea’s on getting the issue national publicity please suggest them?

1 hour ago, Mickscar said:

I got mine with a PCP deal on 19/07, my sales rep was Lloyd, whom in my experience was not all that good. In any case once you've taken delivery, Sales staff don't really want to know, you are then referred to "after-sales"! Which I think is basically Service dept and Customer Service. 

I'm interested in the new joiners' experience with this problem because I get the "reset" roughly once every 24 hours but Dan (A3Sportback24) gets his "reset" about every 3 days. His software version is 4143 which is differrent to mine, 4142.

Could you Peter and other new joiners to this discussion possibly let us know how often yours resets, and if possible the Software version on your car, which you can find through Car Settings?

Cheers, Mick

Hi, my version is 4142 and roughly once a day I lose everything !

Edited by Peter101

Peter,

Exactly the same as my version and experience.

It's got to be fixed, it has got to be there on every A3 and Q3 model, surely.

Mick

I too have exactly the same problem. I bought a new Q3 2 weeks ago and my favourites and settings are lost at least once a day. I have been in discussion with the dealer and they have confirmed that the EARLIEST this is likely to be fixed is December 2024. How many more of us must there be in exactly the same position?

51 minutes ago, mikewoshea said:

I too have exactly the same problem. I bought a new Q3 2 weeks ago and my favourites and settings are lost at least once a day. I have been in discussion with the dealer and they have confirmed that the EARLIEST this is likely to be fixed is December 2024. How many more of us must there be in exactly the same position?

Mike, interested to learn if they have offered any compensation for the inconvenience this is going to cause you ?

Hi Everyone,

I am with Audi Warrington and it has not been great.  First of all I picked up the car in Jun 20th and had to go to Glasgow for the weekend.  I thought it a great shake down cruise.  I noticed the radio resetting issues from day one but thought nothing of it until it happened almost daily.  First I thought it was me not having something set up correctly !  On the way back my rear number plate came loose and was hanging off.  I took it back next day and they fixed it immediately, apparently its was attached with the wrong clips.  The next issue was with the puddle lights.  With my Black Edition it is supposed to have the Audi Rings shining on the floor, mine didn't so, I called them up and explained and then arranged to take it back in to have the LEDs changed, they only replaced them with the same LEDs ! So, back it went and I played hell with them.  The next issue was they did not settle my previous PCP deal timely so I had an extras payment of £390 go out that I was not expecting.  So, on the phone again and played !Removed! hell.  I did get the money back however.  Finally I paid £295 for the 4 year warranty, I have received no official paperwork that this has gone through.  All I have is a screenshot of the email request to the warranty dept. 

All that is left now is MMI issue.  The car is going in on the 22nd and if there is no satisfactory outcome I will be putting in a complaint to VW finance and asking for compensation and a reduction in PCP payments for the inconvenience.

I really like the car and all its features but this MMI issue is really annoying me.

Edited by GregDeR7

Hello All,

I don’t think I’ve joined in on this topic, but can see that the problem is affecting a significant number of contributors - probably each of which is rightly taking it up with their respective dealers - in isolation. 

Can I suggest that every contributor on here who is affected by this, makes a PM contact with others who have posted of their issues, with a view to gathering as many into that group as possible. 
Once you have a sensible number in the group, someone compiles a list of say Year, Model, Reg. No., Supplying dealer, their contact details etc., and submits this block listing of complaints to Audi Customer Services. At least you would all be singing from the same hymn sheet. 

Anyone prepared to step forward and coordinate this? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Oh well I've just had a call from Southend Audi cancelling my Software Update appointment next Wednesday. Not surprisingly they have now been informed by headquarters that this problem will be fixed in the December 2024 update and there will be no interim fix. So they're all coming into line now. Very apologetic of course and the young lady said she had a stack of calls to make on this issue. I told her about this forum and the rapidly growing number of new A3 and Q3 owners across the country with this exact issue. And that I believed Audi should address this issue with the highest priority and formulate a temporary fix or risk losing credibility in the marketplace.

8 hours ago, Peter101 said:

Mike, interested to learn if they have offered any compensation for the inconvenience this is going to cause you ?

I am going to be speaking to someone on that topic soon I will keep you updated.

1 hour ago, Mickscar said:

Oh well I've just had a call from Southend Audi cancelling my Software Update appointment next Wednesday. Not surprisingly they have now been informed by headquarters that this problem will be fixed in the December 2024 update and there will be no interim fix. So they're all coming into line now. Very apologetic of course and the young lady said she had a stack of calls to make on this issue. I told her about this forum and the rapidly growing number of new A3 and Q3 owners across the country with this exact issue. And that I believed Audi should address this issue with the highest priority and formulate a temporary fix or risk losing credibility in the marketplace.

Hi Mick, I am now waiting to receive a call to cancel my appointment still booked for next Weds.

Did they offer you anything as compensation for the inconvenience ?

I am contemplating requesting a full refund as I am within 30 days of purchase (under the 2015 consumer right act) !

Thanks

1 hour ago, Peter101 said:

Hi Mick, I am now waiting to receive a call to cancel my appointment still booked for next Weds.

Did they offer you anything as compensation for the inconvenience ?

I am contemplating requesting a full refund as I am within 30 days of purchase (under the 2015 consumer right act) !

Thanks

Hi Peter,

No, just apologies but I think she's a Service Assistant so no power to do anything. I'm still waiting to get a response from Customer Service after I sent them two complaints. It's been a couple of days so I'll call them tomorrow and get a face to face meeting booked. I'll discuss this issue in detail and see if I can embarass them enough to offer me something.

In general terms the cat is out of the bag,  they must now be compelled to tell prospective buyers all about the problem they are about to buy into. This must present a real problem to Sales staff who must face losing orders and missing their targets. If they offer an incentive (discount or substantial accessories) to keep orders, then I want the same. That will be the gist of my argument. 

So no reaction to my suggestion of one particular poster coming forward and coordinating this as a concerted effort, and approaching Audi Customer Services as a group -? 

Hi Gareth,

I guess people are wary of the admin and logistical load for one person. There is also the issue that for most people, their contractual/legal relationship is actually with the dealership, not with Audi UK or Audi Group. Your suggested approach might just take the pressure of the dealerships when what is needed is for individuals to to put as much pressure on the dealerships to, themselves, put pressure on Audi. It's also clear that different people might prefer different solutions , some wishing to return their car rather than wait 5 months+ for a possible but not definite solution, others seeking some compensation or a reduction in their PCP. 

I got a resolution by my dealership contacting Audi UK and them having a discussion, in conjunction with me also speaking to Audi UK Customer Services, and then the dealership responding directly to me. 

Well there you go then Graeme. 
‘Contractual arrangements are with the dealer and not Audi….’

Fair point, but your case in point proves that the dealerships won’t do anything without reference to Audi U.K., so really, you blow your own argument out of the water.  
Not my problem, but the forum is happy to share experiences bad and good, and indeed can make hopefully constructive and logical suggestions to move progress, but…..

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

20 minutes ago, Grae said:

Hi Gareth,

I guess people are wary of the admin and logistical load for one person. There is also the issue that for most people, their contractual/legal relationship is actually with the dealership, not with Audi UK or Audi Group. Your suggested approach might just take the pressure of the dealerships when what is needed is for individuals to to put as much pressure on the dealerships to, themselves, put pressure on Audi. It's also clear that different people might prefer different solutions , some wishing to return their car rather than wait 5 months+ for a possible but not definite solution, others seeking some compensation or a reduction in their PCP. 

I got a resolution by my dealership contacting Audi UK and them having a discussion, in conjunction with me also speaking to Audi UK Customer Services, and then the dealership responding directly to me. 

Graeme, are you happy to disclose the resolution you agreed, thank you ?

Hi Peter,

Yes of course I did so already a long way back in the chain of messages.

Back in early July, after 2 days with the Q3, I took it back to the dealer and he acknowledged there was a problem. He referred to the Service Manager for advice. He, in turn, then e-mailed Audi. They immediately came back and said there was no fix until December and no point me bringing the car in.  The dealer then said they would speak to Audi UK. 

After a week of nothing, I spoke to Audi Technical in Germany who had no solution. I phoned Audi UK Customer Services and was lucky to reach the manager. She said she'd speak to the dealer. After another short delay I decided to write to the dealer informing him I was rejecting the car under the Consumer Protection Act. The dealer replied immediately and within 2 hours the car had been returned and I had a full refund. The dealer and Audi UK had indeed had a conversation. 

As I've said before, I can only relay my own expereince if its any help. My dealer was very professional. 

Just sent an email to BBC Watchdog (part of The One Show these days).  Have included a link to this forum.

I don't know their criteria for selecting topics but thought it was worth a shot.

Email is watchdog@bbc.co.uk

If others did the same it might add credence to our case and make them sit up and take note.

• Like 1

Probably time for me to completely duck out now and to wish everyone all the best in getting their own issue fixed to their satisfaction. My own best advice is still to put pressure on your own dealer and get them to go up the chain through Audi Customer Services UK, as well as doing so yourself. As this isn't a safety related issue, I'm not sure the media will be that interested. Nor do I think ,based on my experience,  that Audi UK would take much notice of Gareth's suggestion, without being satisfied that people have first gone through their dealership. 

All the best, and I do agree that it is a very regrettable situation.

Graeme,

Thanks for your help with this issue, sharing your experiences and offering advice. 

All the very best wishes for the future.

Mick

Thanks Graeme, 

‘…nor do I think Audi U.K. would take much notice, without being satisfied that people have first gone though their dealership’. 

Most important point missed here Graeme I’m afraid - hasn’t everyone on here already complained to their dealership - without avail? 

Hence my suggestion of an amalgamated -  we haven’t got anywhere with our dealership - approach to Audi U.K. 

Thank you David for progressing this via. Watchdog.

I can’t really understand why no one else has tried that. Good on you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Everyone,

Quick update, well I got the call from the dealer this morning telling me not to bring my car in tomorrow morning as they do not have a fix for the MMI software issue.  Well, we knew that didn't we.  Anyway the service guy informed me that there have been a lot of complaints in regards to this issue that Audi UK have finally got off their collective backsides and are now giving this issue their highest priority to sort out.  The issue has been escalated and they are now looking at October to have the fix sorted out.  I have been given a new date to take my A3 back in of the 25th October.

I am however, going to take this up with the sales manager as I think a reduction in my PCP payments are in order.

Cheers

Hi Greg. Yes, I agree about getting your PCP payment reduced.  I am in the process of doing that.  If you call VWFS and ask to be put through to the  complaints dept.  I spoke with a very helpful guy called Tom.  I have asked for a credit against the payments already made plus an amount for all the inconvenience, hassle etc etc and a £100 a month reduction until such times the fix is carried out to my full satisfaction (which I envisage would be 10-14 days after any fix so the MMI can be fully tested).  Tom passed my complaint to Audi Customer Service who called on Monday.  The guy said they would investigate my complaint and call back in 5-7 days. He said if it was happening to him he would not be very happy either. Part of my argument was that I have not had full functionality of the car from day one, so why should I be paying the full amount.

If customers start complaining and ask for compensation then they are going to have to sit up and take note as the problem will only snowball!!

Good Luck