Loss of Favourites in MMI

Grae

My Q3 purchased end of July was taken back to Audi Southend yesterday and they completed a reset of the MMI, placed it into sleep mode and discovered that the DPI (dealer preparation I ?) hadn’t been completed correctly and now everything is being saved (radio, favorites, privacy setting etc), which is great but frustrating that it’s taken a month to discover !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Peter101 said:

My Q3 purchased end of July was taken back to Audi Southend yesterday and they completed a reset of the MMI, placed it into sleep mode and discovered that the DPI (dealer preparation I ?) hadn’t been completed correctly and now everything is being saved (radio, favorites, privacy setting etc), which is great but frustrating that it’s taken a month to discover !

Hi Peter,

If they did that yesterday, don't you need to observe it for a few days to make absolutely sure it holds on to the settings OK? 

Since we're at the same dealer, Southend Audi, this is very useful info anyway thanks. I'm speaking to Customer Service today and I'll reference you and this experience if that's alright by you.

Cheers, Mick 

19 minutes ago, Mickscar said:

Hi Peter,

If they did that yesterday, don't you need to observe it for a few days to make absolutely sure it holds on to the settings OK? 

Since we're at the same dealer, Southend Audi, this is very useful info anyway thanks. I'm speaking to Customer Service today and I'll reference you and this experience if that's alright by you.

Cheers, Mick 

Mick, yes that’s absolutely fine to reference my case. In the past my car would never save anything overnight and so far so good, but of course, if it changes I will let you and Audi know.

Peter, just one fine detail, when they did this complete reset and re configure, do you know if they used the Vehicle code on the Audi Connect scratch card containing a "Vehicle code" given to you with the Keys, or did they use your existing My Audi ID and password. I believe either is OK but it's best to know what actually works if they have indeed fixed your car.

I did read somewhere that there was advice to drive the car to where the LTE logo gives at least 3 bars for the signal and then do the complete Factory default reset and dealer setup using the prompted Setup program and the Scratch card. But I never saw it confirmed that it had worked and so I didn't do it to mine because it was a PITA. In any case, it should be dealer responsibility to setup the car correctly.

16 minutes ago, Mickscar said:

Peter, just one fine detail, when they did this complete reset and re configure, do you know if they used the Vehicle code on the Audi Connect scratch card containing a "Vehicle code" given to you with the Keys, or did they use your existing My Audi ID and password. I believe either is OK but it's best to know what actually works if they have indeed fixed your car.

I did read somewhere that there was advice to drive the car to where the LTE logo gives at least 3 bars for the signal and then do the complete Factory default reset and dealer setup using the prompted Setup program and the Scratch card. But I never saw it confirmed that it had worked and so I didn't do it to mine because it was a PITA. In any case, it should be dealer responsibility to setup the car correctly.

Mick, when I turned up to collect the car, I had left my original card at home, so they provided a new scratch card, which worked

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter101 said:

Mick, when I turned up to collect the car, I had left my original card at home, so they provided a new scratch card, which worked

Peter,

Thanks that's very useful info, my scratch card was never used by the salesperson, they used my My Audi ID only at my initial car pickup. Maybe this is the crux of the problem. I'll discuss with Customer Service and then they can involve the technician who setup your car yesterday. Thanks for your time this morning. I'll post what I find out today.

Mick

Hi Peter / Mick.  Thats all very interesting to hear.  If you could post once you are fully satisfied with the results then I will contact my dealership in Northampton and get them on the case.  Many Thanks  David

OK, I've spoken to Customer Service and am going into the dealer later today. They said I can sit in with them and watch exactly the procedure they have used successfully on 3 cars yesterday, a Q8 and two Q3's. If it works I'll post as much info as I can right here and maybe it'll work for others. If it doesn't then .... (insert expletives here 🤣)

• Like 1

Hi All

I have recently purchased the new A3 2024 face-lift, and there is an issue with the MMI. I have spoken to My Audi, the dealership and AUDI complaints. The issue is it keeps asking me to log in on a daily basis to re-set up. Apparently there is a software issue, which according to Audi will not be released until  December 2024, this is not acceptable. I will be making a complaint to The Motor Ombudsman. In the meantime, I would not recommend anyone purchasing one until this issue has been resolved. I am a long standing Audi owner and this is the first time I have had an issue, which now makes me think of choosing an alternative manufacturer.

23 hours ago, Peter101 said:

Quick update on my meeting yesterday. Firstly, it did not work and my settings had disappeared last night about 9p.m. when I had to pop to the shop.☹

Southend Audi Customer Service lady could not find Peter's Q3 work on the 21st in the system but she was going to follow up with the workshop today. I wonder of Peter could give me a reference or something to pinpoint it. They had a lot of Q3s in for various on that day.

She/we performed a new setup procedure on mine clearing everything back and setting me and my car back up on their system from scratch and re installing the My Audi app etc. But it didn't work. 

Peter, is your car still OK?

17 minutes ago, Mickscar said:

Quick update on my meeting yesterday. Firstly, it did not work and my settings had disappeared last night about 9p.m. when I had to pop to the shop.☹

Southend Audi Customer Service lady could not find Peter's Q3 work on the 21st in the system but she was going to follow up with the workshop today. I wonder of Peter could give me a reference or something to pinpoint it. They had a lot of Q3s in for various on that day.

She/we performed a new setup procedure on mine clearing everything back and setting me and my car back up on their system from scratch and re installing the My Audi app etc. But it didn't work. 

Peter, is your car still OK?

Mick, my car is still holding my favorites, so far so good… if it helps the lady in the service team who assisted me during the day and was extremely helpful was ‘Amy Batchelor’… my car is a blue Q3 sportback sline …

10 minutes ago, Peter101 said:

Mick, my car is still holding my favorites, so far so good… if it helps the lady in the service team who assisted me during the day and was extremely helpful was ‘Amy Batchelor’… my car is a blue Q3 sportback sline …

Thanks Peter,

I have just sent this to my Customer Service contact. I'll give an update here as and when.

1 hour ago, Peter101 said:

Peter,

sorry to be a pain, do you know if they changed your level of software in the car? Could you please photo the software levels from the Car settings if they have changed?

My CS contact is talking to Amy now thanks.

52 minutes ago, Mickscar said:

Peter,

sorry to be a pain, do you know if they changed your level of software in the car? Could you please photo the software levels from the Car settings if they have changed?

My CS contact is talking to Amy now thanks.

Mick, the software hasn’t changed…

Software 4142 / MMI 3A 22 233 200 

On 8/23/2024 at 9:24 AM, Peter101 said:

Hi guys,

I'm still waiting for Southend Audi to book my car in for the same work performed on Peter's Q3. Bank Holiday weekend stalled things a bit.

Peter, is your Q3 still working OK wrt MMI settings?

I'm afraid my Q3 MMI is still resetting, but weirdly it did actually retain the settings for 3 days from last Friday until it reset on Monday morning and I had been using the car as normal over weekend. I thought a miracle had happened ... but then the wretched thing brought me back to reality. ☹. ... and yes it reset again this morning !

51 minutes ago, Mickscar said:

Hi guys,

I'm still waiting for Southend Audi to book my car in for the same work performed on Peter's Q3. Bank Holiday weekend stalled things a bit.

Peter, is your Q3 still working OK wrt MMI settings?

I'm afraid my Q3 MMI is still resetting, but weirdly it did actually retain the settings for 3 days from last Friday until it reset on Monday morning and I had been using the car as normal over weekend. I thought a miracle had happened ... but then the wretched thing brought me back to reality. ☹. ... and yes it reset again this morning !

Hi Mick, Yes, so far everything is being saved.

Hi Guys

My A3 ( 2024 Facelifted ) was booked in for this Thursday, to try the solution that Southend Audi have applied, but I've just had a call to say they won't now accept the booking as they believe, and have been told by Audi, UK/ Germany ?, that the fix won't work on my car and that I'll have to wait until the official Audi release later this year/ Quarter 1 2025 !!!

Earlier this morning, via Audi Customer Service, I was offered a 20% reduction in my PCP payments for 6 months, which I've rejected. 

I'll keep you updated,

1 hour ago, GordonP said:

Hi Guys

My A3 ( 2024 Facelifted ) was booked in for this Thursday, to try the solution that Southend Audi have applied, but I've just had a call to say they won't now accept the booking as they believe, and have been told by Audi, UK/ Germany ?, that the fix won't work on my car and that I'll have to wait until the official Audi release later this year/ Quarter 1 2025 !!!

Earlier this morning, via Audi Customer Service, I was offered a 20% reduction in my PCP payments for 6 months, which I've rejected. 

I'll keep you updated,

Thanks for all the info Gordon, sorry they can't apply the fix on your A3.

Thanks Peter, I'm glad your Q3 is still behaving itself!

I just missed a call at 5:30 from Amy Batchelor at Southend Audi. Missed it by a second! In her voicemail she said she'd be there until 6 but wasn't at her desk when I finally managed to get somebody to answer at 5:40. I've emailed her and Michelle, my Audi CS contact. I'm expecting a call from Amy tomorrow to discuss Peter's Q3 fix! I want to know all about how and why it works on Peter's Q3 and hope it will be applied to mine ASAP.

If not, I want money!! I'll keep you all posted.

Good Morning All.  My dealership in Northampton have contacted me this morning and I am visiting them this afternoon for a fix!!!

I think it will be a procedure similar to that carried out on Peters car by Southend Audi.

Audi Customer Services contacted me yesterday and offered me compensation of  £500, which I completely rejected and told them to come up with a better offer. If this fix works I might be regretting declining the offer. 

Will provide an update later.

30 minutes ago, Snowman said:

Good Morning All.  My dealership in Northampton have contacted me this morning and I am visiting them this afternoon for a fix!!!

I think it will be a procedure similar to that carried out on Peters car by Southend Audi.

Audi Customer Services contacted me yesterday and offered me compensation of  £500, which I completely rejected and told them to come up with a better offer. If this fix works I might be regretting declining the offer. 

Will provide an update later.

Thank you for the update, so far my car is still holding all my favorites, which is great. Plus, I was offered and accepted £150 to spend at a restaurant for the inconvenience they caused.

Thats good news that your car is still holding all your favourites.  I based my decision to reject the £500 comp on the info I had at the time of the call from Audi CS.  Even the guy I spoke with said the fix was scheduled for December and there was no guarantee that the fix would be ready for December.  He said he would ask VWFS to contact me. I was certainly not expecting Northampton Audi to get in touch this morning suggesting I visit.  They did say I could carry out the procedure myself but they have made their digital analyst available at my convenience and recommended he carried out the procedure. My priority is getting the MMI working correctly.  I can fight for comp later.  Been out this morning and carried out 3 ignition starts and had 2 resets so it is becoming a frustrating pain.