Loss of Favourites in MMI

Grae

Well now,

AUDI UK have just released an official fix this problem, which is of course a full MMI reset to factory defaults.

I just received, and presumably you have received, a text and email with details.

They don't mention one or two precautionary things that we have discussed on this forum, but I guess they didn't read all of our entries! 😁.

Do you think they got the solution from us?

Anyway, mine is perfect and stable now like some others on here. Thanks to all you contributors for your indulgence and of course contributions.

Good luck everyone

Mick

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who contributed to finding this fix.

I picked up a new A3 Sportback BE two weeks ago and was demented with the constant reset bug, or whatever was up with the MMI.

I recently performed a full Factory reset and used the Keycode (card) to set everything back up. 

So far, everything seems to be working as expected.

One observation I have is that I occasionally get an error "Audi Connect Services Installation Error Contact Support", but as far as I can tell everything works as it should. 

Licenses are valid and News, Weather etc all work fine, plus I'm retaining all my Radio and SONOS settings.

Anyone got any idea what this error may be in relation to, or is anyone else getting this error?

Thanks

Gordon

Edited by GMcD79

8 minutes ago, GMcD79 said:

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who contributed to finding this fix.

I picked up a new A3 Sportback BE two weeks ago and was demented with the constant reset bug, or whatever was up with the MMI.

I recently performed a full Factory reset and used the Keycode (card) to set everything back up. 

So far, everything seems to be working as expected.

One observation I have is that I occasionally get an error "Audi Connect Services Installation Error Contact Support", but as far as I can tell everything works as it should. 

Licenses are valid and News, Weather etc all work fine, plus I'm retaining all my Radio and SONOS settings.

Anyone got any idea what this error may be in relation to, or is anyone else getting this error?

Thanks

Gordon

Gordon,

I get that "error" randomly as well. But there doesn't appear to be anything wrong or missing. I think we just ignore. 👍

1 hour ago, Mickscar said:

I get that "error" randomly as well. But there doesn't appear to be anything wrong or missing. I think we just ignore. 👍

I reckon it would be worth notifying the dealer about that message even if nothing needs to be done at the moment. It would ensure it is recorded by Audi in the vehicle history so that the company can not claim in the future to not knowing about it.

I shall mark your message earlier today as the solution, and hope we don't have cause to reverse that decision.

Correction: I don't seem to be able to mark it as solution. I guess you need to do that yourself.

Edited by cliffcoggin
Additional information.

22 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

I reckon it would be worth notifying the dealer about that message even if nothing needs to be done at the moment. It would ensure it is recorded by Audi in the vehicle history so that the company can not claim in the future to not knowing about it.

I shall mark your message earlier today as the solution, and hope we don't have cause to reverse that decision.

Correction: I don't seem to be able to mark it as solution. I guess you need to do that yourself.

I'll post the text I received from Audi UK which gives a link to the now official Audi procedure.

I don't know how to mark a post here as a "solution", but I guess it would be best to do it to that one. Is it an option somewhere?

As for the error message. It appears randomly, but it may be due to low level of the LTE signal which is particularly low at my home. Doesn't happen that often to me though. For instance, I've used the car several times today and I've not had the message at all.

Hi all, 

Re my previous posts today this is the text message I received from Audi UK today ..

"Important news about your Audi MMI settings. If your personal settings are resetting when you restart your vehicle, you can resolve the issue by resetting your MMI system. 

Find out how to do this at https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/audi-world/settings-reset.html?123. Please only reset your system if experiencing the issue described. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

To stop, text AUDI BLOCK to 60070."

Hi all, 

I also get that error message. I just ignore it, hasn’t affected anything. But do see your point about raising it to Audi so will make sure I do it with mine. 
Otherwise car is 3 weeks strong of no resets now, I’m glad our persistent hounding has got us all to finally enjoying our cars!
Have a great one all! 

Hi folks, one last question on this.

Everything on the MMI now seems to function as it should, thanks to the persistence of the folks on this forum, however I have noticed one thing.  Maybe not related, but thought I'd ask.

The Audi virtual cockpit settings seem to return to the date and time, irrespective of what I leave them on, Consumption, Trip computer etc.

Is this by design, or is this another Software related issue?

I thought I saw someone mention this previously in this conversation, however they had the dealer factory reset via the laptop, whereas I did this manually through the MMI using the Key Card as instructed.

37 minutes ago, GMcD79 said:

Everything on the MMI now seems to function as it should, thanks to the persistence of the folks on this forum, however I have noticed one thing.  Maybe not related, but thought I'd ask.

The Audi virtual cockpit settings seem to return to the date and time, irrespective of what I leave them on, Consumption, Trip computer etc.

I thought I saw someone mention this previously in this conversation, however they had the dealer factory reset via the laptop, whereas I did this manually through the MMI using the Key Card as instructed.

Sorry Gordon, I've had most symptoms mentioned on this forum but not this one.

I hope you get it sorted soon!

After I posted this question I did find some related posts on another forum from users with the same issue, but I've gotten to the point that I don't care anymore 😀

I can live with having to toggle the display using the steering wheel paddle.  It's minor in comparison to losing all the settings in the MMI. 

Picked my Q3 Black Edition up on Wednesday and noticed this same fault (radio, favourites and Sonos settings resetting). Thanks to you all for posting this and I'll give the Audi advised solution a go today. I'll post if unsuccessful or if there are any other strange behaviours after following the fix

19 minutes ago, Skiwall said:

Picked my Q3 Black Edition up on Wednesday and noticed this same fault (radio, favourites and Sonos settings resetting). Thanks to you all for posting this and I'll give the Audi advised solution a go today. I'll post if unsuccessful or if there are any other strange behaviours after following the fix

Don't do it via a lap top, do it manually and use the code on the card they give you.

I’ve done a factory reset after reading the official guidance from Audi. Logged in again as a user via myAudi app but now it’s just stuck on loading personal settings please wait. If I turn ignition off and on again the checking remote access screen stays on for ages then just get loading person settings screen which I can’t clear. Regretting factory reset now, losing favourites was annoying  but  at least I had a semi working system. It’s now useless.  Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Saint c

I had a similar experience to this.

Have you tried a full key cycle?  I had to do this to get the system back up and running.

Swich the ignition off, get out and lock the car.  Now wait a few minutes until the car shuts down completely.

Then unlock the doors and start the ignition.

Edited by GMcD79

Picked up my Q3 and the wife’s A1 on 1st September. Both vehicles were losing favourites and displaying the set up menu on starting even though set up was done many times.

Thanks to Mick for his advice about the Audi advised solution for resetting the MMI.

The procedure has fixed both my vehicles.

Be sure to use the vehicle code from your Audi Connect Activation Card when setting the system up again to get all the connect services.

Nice one Mick.

1 hour ago, GMcD79 said:

I had a similar experience to this.

Have you tried a full key cycle?  I had to do this to get the system back up and running.

Swich the ignition off, get out and lock the car.  Now wait a few minutes until the car shuts down completely.

Then unlock the doors and start the ignition.

Thank you! That did the trick. Logged back in via app too and all looks good. Now 🤞🏻 to see if favourites are still there tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyO said:

Picked up my Q3 and the wife’s A1 on 1st September. Both vehicles were losing favourites and displaying the set up menu on starting even though set up was done many times.

Thanks to Mick for his advice about the Audi advised solution for resetting the MMI.

The procedure has fixed both my vehicles.

Be sure to use the vehicle code from your Audi Connect Activation Card when setting the system up again to get all the connect services.

Nice one Mick.

John,

I'm glad it worked OK and seems to be working for others.

I can't believe Audi have been, and still are, handing over new cars with this problem. I do hope they are now performing this procedure as part of the new car prep, if the factory can't actually manage to load proper, tested software in the first place.

On 9/8/2024 at 12:04 PM, Humdrum said:

Hi All,

I've just joined to add my initial problems with the MMI.

I got my A3 Black Edition facelift model delivered last Monday and had the same issues as you all seem to be having - every time I came back to the car it wanted me to login again, it was set to a random radio station & the privacy and personal settings weren't being stored.

After a few frustrating journeys I decided to reset the MMI in the settings which took a while & was pretty nerve wracking; when I first set the car up after delivery I used the code from the scratch card that came with the keys & the QR code thing, so after the reset I decided to try using the My Audi login details instead and so far (touch wood) everything is working as it should and the various settings are stored.

I'm not sure if that helps anyone but I thought I'd share. The only thing I've done differently is not using wireless CarPlay, switching off wireless charging as it makes my phone ridiculously hot & I've also updated the map.

Interestingly my MMI software is on 4143 which seems to be the one people are having a bit more joy with & where I set the car up had 2 bars on the LTE display if that helps!

Just a quick update to this. I've been away for a couple of weeks and come back to the car with everything as it was before I left it. I too received the Audi text detailing what we'd already worked out on here.

The only thing I wanted to check with someone was whether they've got any data to access the App Store in the MMI, it says I should have 25gb for free but I assume that's for the navigation etc. It's no big deal cos I can use my phone for data if I want to play around with the MMI App Store - but I was just curious. 

Edited by Humdrum

18 hours ago, Saint c said:

I’ve done a factory reset after reading the official guidance from Audi. Logged in again as a user via myAudi app but now it’s just stuck on loading personal settings please wait. If I turn ignition off and on again the checking remote access screen stays on for ages then just get loading person settings screen which I can’t clear. Regretting factory reset now, losing favourites was annoying  but  at least I had a semi working system. It’s now useless.  Anyone got any ideas?

Looks like you’re sorted. Had the same problem on my Q3 so took it back to the dealer. The solution was to restart the MMI system. Press and hold the rotary volume control button for at least 10 seconds. 

Actually this may be an even simpler solution than the one Audi put on there website. Simply press and hold the volume button for 20 to 30 seconds and the MMI system will hard reboot but not lose key user info etc. Would be good if someone could try to see if this simple fix works as I used the Audi website method.

On 9/23/2024 at 11:37 AM, GordonP said:

Hi everyone

After a number of phone calls finally got my Dealership to do a full reset, which I did remotely over the phone, while they did their thing on a laptop at the Dealership.

So far so good, but it's not perfect.

There are four areas that are still flaky, or just are not retained.

First is on the central display of the Virtual Cockpit, which despite my efforts to select, say consumption, as the setting, rather that date and time, will always go back to date and time.

Second is the Speed Limit warning which will not retain either, the speed threshold, or the fact that I don't want it beeping at me when I go over what the car believes is the prevailing speed limit.

Third, is that the Sonos sound settings are not always retained, annoying, but not a show stopper.

And lastly, the car will occasionally change the colour of the ambient settings, again annoying but not a show stopper.

Is anyone else experiencing similar niggles ?

Jan, sad to hear that this is Audi's permanent solution, and my software is the same as yours.

cheers  

My new S3's virtual cockpit doesn't remember which setting it's on. If I select map, it changes to the clock the next time I turn on the igniton. If I select the performance monitors, it changes to lap timer the next time I turn it on. Seems like a software issue.

On 9/26/2024 at 1:01 PM, GMcD79 said:

Yep tested that myself - the screens reset to default when you turn off the engine.  It's normal for it to do this apparently.  I probably don't notice because I leave them on date and time anyway.