Loss of Favourites in MMI

Grae

Hi Guys

I've just received an email from Audi Customer Services in which they state :-

We have been contacted by Audi UK who have advised a system fix will be released on 25 January 2025 which will repair the faults you are experiencing. 

Hope this helps with whatever decisions you make regarding keeping/ rejecting your cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all 

Just came across your posts i have the same problem.

My 4 year old A5 never had an issue

18 hours ago, GordonP said:

Hi Guys

I've just received an email from Audi Customer Services in which they state :-

We have been contacted by Audi UK who have advised a system fix will be released on 25 January 2025 which will repair the faults you are experiencing. 

Hope this helps with whatever decisions you make regarding keeping/ rejecting your cars.

That's quite concerning as Audi UK were originally stating December 2024 for the update.

Hi,

just picked up a brand new S3 back in August….exactly the same issue. It’s driving me insane…this is my seventh Audi, I have never had any issues of this nature before.

I'm going to book in into Audi on my next day off.

10 hours ago, KarenT21 said:

Hi,

just picked up a brand new S3 back in August….exactly the same issue. It’s driving me insane…this is my seventh Audi, I have never had any issues of this nature before.

I'm going to book in into Audi on my next day off.

Hi Karen,

Just do a manual reset back to factory settings and reinstall yourself as the key user.  Make sure you use the code off the scratch card they gave you.  Doesn't take long.  If your phone won't connect wirelessly to the car switch off the WiFi and connect using Bluetooth.  The option to connect via WiFi will appear, just press yes and it will connect.

Cheers

I can't believe why Audi haven't yet got their act together on this and Audi dealerships are actually releasing brand new cars to new owners with this obvious fault.

It's on internal memos and on customer alerts sent to recent owners on Texts and email. All they need to do is a Full Factory reset in the pre sales new car preparation, preferably in the showroom just before customer pickup. As they say, it's not rocket science!

This fault obviously develops between factory and dealership while the car is being moved between transporters and ships in it's pre-setup state. Perhaps the mover/driver switches on the MMI and fiddles with it, who knows? This shouldn't matter, but with this particular Software release, it does, and the MMI needs to be returned to the Factory defaults state with a reset.

Audi should not be releasing cars in this state, now this problem is well known. Very poor. 

IMHO

Mick

Update on my new S3 with the issues , ran out of patience, finally ended up rejecting the car , dealership were very good/understanding about the whole issue. Full refund received

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mickscar said:

I can't believe why Audi haven't yet got their act together on this and Audi dealerships are actually releasing brand new cars to new owners with this obvious fault.

It's on internal memos and on customer alerts sent to recent owners on Texts and email. All they need to do is a Full Factory reset in the pre sales new car preparation, preferably in the showroom just before customer pickup. As they say, it's not rocket science!

This fault obviously develops between factory and dealership while the car is being moved between transporters and ships in it's pre-setup state. Perhaps the mover/driver switches on the MMI and fiddles with it, who knows? This shouldn't matter, but with this particular Software release, it does, and the MMI needs to be returned to the Factory defaults state with a reset.

Audi should not be releasing cars in this state, now this problem is well known. Very poor. 

IMHO

Mick

They're lazy Mick, it takes a bit longer to set the car up manually than it does with the laptop.  I believe the issue lies in how the laptop sets up the MMI that causes all these issues.  I have told Audi customer services this and they agree with me and have sent a memo out to the dealers to set the car up manually.

• Like 1

There was defintiely something weird with the way mine was set up. The 5 vertical buttons were on the left side of the MMI screen and only worked intermitently. It was only when I reset it that they appeared on the right side. Almost as if it was set up for left-hand drive and can't beleive the dealer didn't notice.

Edited by tedter77
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GregDeR7 said:

They're lazy Mick, it takes a bit longer to set the car up manually than it does with the laptop.  I believe the issue lies in how the laptop sets up the MMI that causes all these issues.  I have told Audi customer services this and they agree with me and have sent a memo out to the dealers to set the car up manually.

That's assuming they read memos ...

Sloppy management, isn’t it?

My replacement A3 with udated software still going OK

Regarding Alexa, I was unable to use my phone hotspot for data, car said it was not compatible or something like that. However, I went to the cubic site to buy some data just to have a play. I was surprised to find there was a free 1 year data package. I bought that for free and Alexa worked

Just picked up the brand new Q6 Etron first edition and it has the same issues and others,

Does not save radios.

Keeps asking you to accept privacy statement to use Audi Connect.

Front and Rear UTR cameras will not connect to app.

So Audi's brand new designed from ground up Q6 has issues with the MMI and this car is 4 days old.

So you are not alone with the A3 or S3 range.

Problem has not gone by October 2024.

12 hours ago, Audi Q6-Etron said:

Just picked up the brand new Q6 Etron first edition and it has the same issues and others,

Does not save radios.

Keeps asking you to accept privacy statement to use Audi Connect.

Front and Rear UTR cameras will not connect to app.

So Audi's brand new designed from ground up Q6 has issues with the MMI and this car is 4 days old.

So you are not alone with the A3 or S3 range.

Problem has not gone by October 2024.

The problem with the loss of radio stations after setting them as favourites only seems to be resolvable at the moment by doing a reset back to factory setting on the MMI console.
Did this on both my new vehicles (Q3 and A1) in september and they have been absolutely OK since.

Had the same problem with the dash cams on both my vehicles, they wouldn't initially connect to the UTR app on the phone.
Take your phone into your car and with the ignition on open the WifI settings on the phone and you should see AUDIUTR_?????? as an availble network.
Select this network and enter the default password 123456. You should now be connected.
Your dashcams are probable V2 so the app will update itself to V2, then the WiFi network name (SSID) for the UTR on your phone will have changed to AUDIUTR2_??????
Best of luck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

The problem with the loss of radio stations after setting them as favourites only seems to be resolvable at the moment by doing a reset back to factory setting on the MMI console.
Did this on both my new vehicles (Q3 and A1) in september and they have been absolutely OK since.

Had the same problem with the dash cams on both my vehicles, they wouldn't initially connect to the UTR app on the phone.
Take your phone into your car and with the ignition on open the WifI settings on the phone and you should see AUDIUTR_?????? as an availble network.
Select this network and enter the default password 123456. You should now be connected.
Your dashcams are probable V2 so the app will update itself to V2, then the WiFi network name (SSID) for the UTR on your phone will have changed to AUDIUTR2_??????
Best of luck.

👍