Loss of Favourites in MMI

Grae

On 9/16/2024 at 11:40 AM, JB9876 said:

I reset to factory settings and used pin off the key when setting it up new and that was Wednesday. After numerous days and the car sitting I still have all my settings today. 
so seems the way forward is to reset everything to new. I’m on 4142 software though so not sure whether it’s only working on that. 
clearly the more people coming forward they are having to fix it!

Hi everyone,

I finally had some time to do a full reset as Jess above. Mine is a Q3 Sport with software level 4142.

I'm in the "Russian Roulette" period still, still holding my breath when i turn the key, but it's been well over 24 hours now, I've used the car a few times, and settings are still intact. From new the MMI had been clearing settings 2 or 3 times a day!

So yesterday I logged out of My Audi app and switched off Bluetooth on all our phones! Then I restored the car to factory default settings using the MMI Car and System Maintenance menus. After the warnings, it's a good few minutes seemingly doing nothing but it does spring to life. Mine said it had reset everything apart from Key User. I wondered if that was a problem but ignored that and pressed Restart, it was then a few more minutes with the MMI screen Black!

... it came back in the Setup program with a welcome message. Being extremely cautious about the Key User thing, I setup a Local User name. This still required me to sign into the car setup program with the email used on My Audi app, but no password, just the Vehicle code from my Audi scratch card that was supplied with the keys. A few more simple questions and it setup successfully.

Later, feeling confident, I added my phone via Bluetooth and it all setup fine and connected automatically to the car WiFi hot-spot.

I haven't setup the Key User, just seeing how it goes over the weekend.

I hope it remains stable and this story helps a few more of you.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick - so just to check. You don’t delete your mobile app or your profile from the app. You simply log back into again.

likewise you now have two users listed in the car?

3 minutes ago, A3sportback24 said:

Thanks Mick - so just to check. You don’t delete your mobile app or your profile from the app. You simply log back into again.

likewise you now have two users listed in the car?

No I didn't delete the app or my "My Audi" profile. I just made sure I logged out of the app. Just thought it best to not be connected and killed Bluetooth on the phones in case they tried to automatically connect in the middle of everything.

I set up the car so far with no Key User just local, so if I log into the app it can't connect to the car anyway. For the moment, that's OK while I test it out with just a local user

• Like 1