Several Questions re Oil, Plugs and Brake Parts

Hello all.

I know everyone has their own opinions and taste, but I wondered what the general thought is regarding my questions below.

What engine oil do you all tend to run for your TT's. I have a 2016 standard TT Roadster with the 2.0L engine and stage one mapped. 

I'm thinking of picking up one of these K&N Oil filters - https://www.knfilters.co.uk/hp-7038-oil-filter

And one of these high flow panel filters rather than a hugely expensive air induction kit, which I had on my last three cars and can honestly say I didn't really notice anything that different, as long as the engine gets the right amount of air, and preferably from outside and not from a hot engine bay does it really make that much difference? Anyway here's the panel filter - https://www.knfilters.co.uk/33-3005-replacement-air-filter

Spark Plugs. Which ones do you guy's run, I presume it's the NGK Iridium ones such as the BKR8EIX because they are supposed to be a colder plug, rather than a hot running plug which according to the NGK website can damage the engine as opposed to running a colder one if S1 Mapped?

And, How much Oil in total with a new filter too please ? ( I see several different numbers out there, and since the house move I can't for the life of me find the !Removed! handbook, but I will keep searching. )

I also need to change all my brake discs because they are starting to lip. Again do you guy's have any thoughts on these, and I think I'll go for the yellow stuff pads because they seem highly rated and have been around for a very long time.

Lastly, and regarding the brakes, I am thinking of callipers here, can we up-grade these without going silly? What I mean here, and the older generation on here will get this, but, I don't want to buy a Rolls Royce when a Granada will do.

I'd like to paint them or send them off to somewhere like https://www.biggred.co.uk/ to get then stripped, cleaned, new pistons and seals but without the price tag of new calipers.

So, what are your thoughts, please.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Steve,

I’ll try to answer some of your questions:- 

Engine oil? - always used VAG’s own brand - Quantum ( Longlife 3) bought at competitive prices from reputable eBay sellers. Check viscosity grade you require (5w/30?) and specification within grade. 
Oil filter? Mann or Bosch if not using Audi - again off eBay,and often from Parts in Motion on there. 
Spark plugs? Yes, I go with NGK.

Brake discs? I tend to go with Brembo - again usually from P in M. I don’t buy any parts on price, and certainly not on a ‘that’s good enough’ principle. I aim to buy good quality at most competitive prices from reputable companies. 
Painting brake calipers ? Not for me - too tarty, but everyone to their own. 
Perhaps you could let us know whether any of the above is useful. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Steve,

Having a bit of a system tidy-up, and can see you posted close on a month ago on 10th July, were offered advice, but have not returned to the forum since the day you posted. 
You were asked on 15th July if any of the information given to you as a reply was of any use to you, but we haven’t had a response to this either. 
Can we now take it that you aren’t now going to respond? 

This poster has now been warned for Post and Run tactics, and any future posts will need to be authorised before being shown.