Keys

I've had the car over a year now and it has 2 different keys, one for the door, one for the ignition. Neither of the remotes work for central locking. I have the ignition barrel to match the door, I'm just wondering what's my best course of action to put it down to one key. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

One of the lock barrels has been changed in the past, hence two keys and no central locking. You will need four or six identical new barrels depending on the number of doors, and a couple of matching keys. As Steve said, an auto locksmith will be cheaper than Audi.

2 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

One of the lock barrels has been changed in the past, hence two keys and no central locking. You will need four or six identical new barrels depending on the number of doors, and a couple of matching keys. As Steve said, an auto locksmith will be cheaper than Audi.

Yeah the door was changed but the ignition barrel to match is in the boot. My car would only need 2 barrels anyway, one for drivers door, one for ignition. There's no other places for my key to go. 

5 minutes ago, MileyFinley1 said:

Yeah the door was changed but the ignition barrel to match is in the boot. My car would only need 2 barrels anyway, one for drivers door, one for ignition. There's no other places for my key to go. 

Did you swap the door module from the old door to the new door? As this might be part of the reason why central locking isn't working. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Did you swap the door module from the old door to the new door? As this might be part of the reason why central locking isn't working. 

It wasn't me that swapped the door. But I'm guessing no they didn't. If they had just kept the barrel out of the original door I wouldn't have this issue, The car was a mess when I got it. I've had to repair all sorts. The central locking and the radio signal are the last things Ive got to fix. 

1 minute ago, MileyFinley1 said:

It wasn't me that swapped the door. But I'm guessing no they didn't. If they had just kept the barrel out of the original door I wouldn't have this issue, The car was a mess when I got it. I've had to repair all sorts. The central locking and the radio signal are the last things Ive got to fix. 

You could see if main dealer can order the correct barrel. There will be a number on it. 

Another option could be to change all locks by buying a used lock set off eBay and getting it coded. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

You could see if main dealer can order the correct barrel. There will be a number on it. 

Another option could be to change all locks by buying a used lock set off eBay and getting it coded. 

I have the matching ignition barrel to the door. Could I not just fit that and then get it coded? And would that then code the remote central locking and the immobiliser 

I am not sure if you can buy new barrels to match existing barrels. As far as I know you need to get a full set if you want them all to operate with one key.