Just hit 100k on my 2007 A3 8P, owned since new

image.thumb.jpeg.41d593b7ac9fb7cbc128e2a3871baa93.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e72ee239eedbeac9fb292d0e5e7be57.jpeg

I've owned 9 cars over the years (some simultaneously) and while my Mazda MX-5 Miata '99 never had a single issue, my ownership was only 3 fun years. My Audi TT QR '03 was also owned for about 3 years and while it had some electrical quirks, they were covered under warranty. But my Audi A3 '07? Phenomenal reliability across 17 years. I put a large portion of mileage on it for the first 2 years of ownership when I had to commute 50 miles each way, every work day. After that, I either worked remotely or took public transportation to work, which helped offset the initial high yearly mileage.

The only "performance" mod I've done was a rear sub-frame brace, which helps keep the car level in sharp turns. It's like it's on rails and reminds me of my former TTQR. Cosmetically I replaced the front grille (changed chrome to black) tail lights with amber turn signals, CANBUS compatible LED bulbs for rear turn signals, fog light switch, upgraded rims, and converted the single DIN center panel to double DIN with a Kenwood LED display head unit equipped with two USB sockets (one in glove box, one on side of center console).

I was tempted to upgrade to an A5 when it came out, but it was too expensive for my blood. I eventually planned to buy a used one some years later, but my A3 won't quit. And I enjoy having 5 doors. It's like a good, dependable friend. I will be heartbroken on the day I finally give it up (when I can afford an S6 avant!).