Total noobie to Audi’s

Hey people of this community 

hello from Chester  

I have just bought my first ever Audi. Came from a Mercedes C250 AMG Sport Avanteguard or estate as I always called it & loved it. Was getting a bit tired at 225k, 
So decided to go look at cars last week, looking around the different garages & stumbled across an A6 3.0 TDI avant. Looked really smart until I saw a massive key scratch down one side from front to rear. Just about to walk away & noticed another Avant in white hiding away behind a rangey. Got to it & was in really good condition, salesman came over & ask the usual questions. Got me the keys & went for a drive. Went down an A road & up a quite steep slip road to a Motorway, so I gave it some up the slip road & the guy held on for dear life. OMG it went. I then found out it was a 3.0 BiTDI Quattro. Instant smile on my face so I bought it. Picked it up the next day. Standard 3 month warranty & all that none worthy rubbish. Now out of warranty & a few little things have appeared that weren’t there originally. Nothing major I don’t think though. Did some research & bought a VCDS system. Never used this software before, but very easy to learn in my opinion. I have done various bits of coding on other makes before so picked it up pretty quick. I have made various tweeks including boot lid closure from fob, mirror dip on reverse if switch to that side, rear LED’s with DRL’s & few other things. Now I must say this car is class. Its so much bigger than my Merc & way more powerful. Fitted a towbar yesterday with vehicle specific electrics & coded it all in to work with it. All works with the caravan perfectly. I love how smooth this car drives & the physical size is brilliant. The kids love the room in the back & even the wife is impressed with it. Bonus points there 👍🏻
From what I have read so far this appears to be a really good useful forum & I look forward to being a part of it. 

thanks, 

Mark

Welcome to the forum.
Guys here have been very helpful in helping me with whatever is needed.  
I bought my first Audi in December last year.  3.0 TDi A8 - A bit older being a 2009 but its well looked after and doesnt really give much trouble (*touch wood*)

Got VCDS aswell, but havent done alot with it! just the normal checks and stuff. making sure that everything is as it should be.

I hope you enjoy the forum.  Get a few pics of the car posted. We do like to see what other people are running and admire their cars.

Regards,

Neil H

• Thanks 1

Thats a nice motor.

Wheels are a just about perfect colour wise. and compliment the trim of the car lovely.
Think about getting a ceramic coat on it to keep the paintwork in good condition or ppf protection, especially round the bonnet, bumper etc.

If i was being fussy, id suggest maybe changing the badges to a darker colour instead of the chrome ones. but as i said that would be me being fussy......

Haha yeah I don’t understand why the front badge is black & the rest are chrome either pal. I’ve ordered a full set of black ones already. Stage 1 remap booked in, egr & DPF delete at the same time. My son is going to ceramic coat it this weekend as he does it as part of his job anyway. 👍🏻

regards,

Mark

I have a fuse box description pdf with all the locations & that yet there appears to be no fuse for the adjustable mirrors

It had 3 that I’ve found so far. One in either side of the dash & one in the boot. Still can’t find the fuse for the exterior mirrors 🤣🤔

Also had an aircon fault where it wouldn’t go cold. Found the pressure sensor behind the grill to be faulty. Replaced that & now it gets really cold. VCDS still shows the same fault though so I’m thinking there is another sensor somewhere that I haven’t found yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve gone with the Matt black boot badge & removed the A6 & TDI just leaving the Quattro badge. Now ordered the black Quattro badge with red lettering. I did initially fit the black A6 badge but removed it again as the finish wasn’t the same as the rings so looked a little off. 

IMG_8577.dng