All knowledge is here!

Hello Chaps, etc. I own an A4 1.8t and a March 2013 A3 1.4TFSi (...8V8DA...). Both undramatic and easy to own, however, after a bit of drama with some mud on the road I have mashed the bottom of the  rad(s) on the A3. I have stripped the front of the car and removed the rads. Ordered replacements using the VIN. A/C rad if fine but the cooling rad is completely different from the one I removed. Mine is a double rad whereas the new one is single. Supplying company says that it is correct according to the VIN. Clearly, it's not. Looking everywhere, I can only see a range of single rads. Anyone point me in the right direction or am I off to the breakers yard?

5 hours ago, Wooliefromwales said:

Hello Chaps, etc. I own an A4 1.8t and a March 2013 A3 1.4TFSi (...8V8DA...). Both undramatic and easy to own, however, after a bit of drama with some mud on the road I have mashed the bottom of the  rad(s) on the A3. I have stripped the front of the car and removed the rads. Ordered replacements using the VIN. A/C rad if fine but the cooling rad is completely different from the one I removed. Mine is a double rad whereas the new one is single. Supplying company says that it is correct according to the VIN. Clearly, it's not. Looking everywhere, I can only see a range of single rads. Anyone point me in the right direction or am I off to the breakers yard?

Hi if you could post a picture of the original that would be a great help.

Steve.

22 hours ago, Wooliefromwales said:

Hi Steve, this is what came out

20240627_120420.jpg

20240627_120359.jpg

20240627_120353.jpg

20240627_120453.jpg

Hi dont know what the new one looks like but went fishing on the net and found loads of those on Autodoc and other sites they are quite common so if the new one looks nothing like it reject it, as I said plenty of them available for sub £100 for a Nissens unit which were O.E. anyway, please let us know how you get on.

Steve.