Keyless Entry Keyless Start

Rob-

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Q7 16 plate, it has keyless start, which is functioning correctly. Initially I thought it had keyless entry too, it has the squares on the door handles, I thought it might be disabled in the MMI. After a bit of digging I found the correct menu where I expected the option to enable convenience key and it was not there!

My question is - if there is keyless start and it looks like the sensors are in the doors (squares on the doors) then is it simply a software update needed to add the option to the MMI menu and enable the keyless entry feature or is there further hardware implications? 

Thank you!

Wouldn't mind knowing this myself, as I have the same indents on the door handles.

Hello Robert,

Back to first principles:- 

Was it built with Keyless entry? 
Answer will lie at your main dealer, if you go in with your V5. Talking nicely with the Parts chap should provide you with a build record for your VIN. I would not attempt this over the phone - needs a visit in person. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1