Finally an answer to my P0011 VVT fault

Sorry for the long post but I am very pleased to get a resolution. 
My P0011 too far advanced started after renewing cam belt cam chain water pump etc. 

Everything mechanical was changed, cam adjuster, solenoid valve and cam position sensor but still the same fault. 
Because I was fed up with looking at the EM light I disconnected the solenoid. All that did was throw up more errors about missing the solenoid. 
I then connected my spare solenoid and tie wrapped it in the bonnet. The fault was still there although there was no possibility of advancing the cam. Therefore the ECU thinks the cam is permanently too far advanced. The technician had already checked twice and the timing is right. 

I then thought as the old chain and tensioner were rattling the cam adjuster couldn’t have been working right, if at all. So now it is working the ECU is confused. 

I bit my tongue, held my breath and crossed everything and pulled the ECU fuse and went for a cup of tea. 
After replacing the fuse everything is working perfectly. 
So, a simple cold restart solved everything. 

• Like 1

So am I. I was getting very depressed knowing I couldn’t afford anymore on the car. 
I guess it will also learn how I drive and forget the previous owners. 
Chuffed to bits. 
For a small fee I will tell the mechanic 😂😂

50 minutes ago, WhisperingAl said:

For a small fee I will tell the mechanic 😂😂

Make it a large fee.

I would never have guessed the Microsoft solution (turn it off then turn it on again,) would work on a car.

Cntrl Alt Delete. 
In all seriousness. We know the ECU learns things and I think it learnt that the VVT was not working and was OK with that.