Diesel leak in engine

Rob89

Go to solution Solved by Rob89,

Good morning, looking for some help regarding a diesel leak inside my engine, that only occurs when the car is turned on. This happened 2 days ago, and my diesel level has not changed since (so no fuel tank problem) I will attach a video, any advice anyone can give me would be a massive help.

Rob.

Evidently the diesel is spraying out under pressure to reach so many parts of the engine, so probably the high pressure fuel line or injector has a leak.

To trace the exacr source of the leak dry every part of the engine so that no wetness is visible, then start the engine and watch for where the diesel first emerges.

Thank you for the reply. I'm just heading out now to give it a clean and ill give your suggestion a try. Will be back with my findings.

• Solution

Found the culprit. The tiniest split in this pipe causing a decent amount of diesel spray. So hopefully it'll be job done once I've sourced a new pipe. Thank you again for your help 20240714_104624.thumb.jpg.c158ff96f40591a7f8f1a1ff182b0f9a.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you again, I don't suppose you have a possible part number for what I need? Or a link to a website to buy it? It's 17mm in outside diameter. Euro car parts don't seem to stock it

I have seen this below. Would need cutting to size, but seems the correct thing to use. Screenshot_20240714_145429_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9da2bbe6ec4f51dc2d6816ebb304bddc.jpg