Ad blue problem

Good evening,

recently I was involved in an accident where a car drive into me causing damage to the rear driver side door and quarter panel. After the crash I drove it home ( light panel damage ).

But when I next used it I got a warning light on my dash about an Adblue fault and the car cannot be used after 650 miles.

would I be right in thinking that because of the impact being right where the tank and pump sits, that is the cause of the issue? I should also point out that it is not showing any fault codes on the garages diagnostic machine either.

IMG_0395.jpeg

The car is in the body shop at the minute, it’s all repaired but is waiting to go to Audi to sort this issue out, the chaps insurance is covering all this so it’s of no cost to me but I am curious as to what the issue could be.

i should add that I recently put adblue in it and that after the accident the car was parked up and couldn’t see any sign of leakage at all.

Hello John,

Apologies for another angle on this where it might be worth you doing a thread search on here for similar issues - well documented as I recall. Of course the verdict will rest with Audi’s assessment. Coincidences do occur, but let’s hope yours isn’t an example of that, and the fault is due to accident damage .
However, worth  being armed with some knowledge on this. 
Perhaps you can let us know what happens John. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.